IGNORED

Fawns?

Im know more does dropped fawns as I can see they are full of milk as of a few weeks ago.. but no fawns in tow now.

Hay fields being cut early I'm sure killed a few..

Just found this fawn today at my hunting club in the driveway.. picked clean.. not sure how it died..

Sucks.20170704_153549.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

last week I checked my camera, over two weeks 548 pictures, not one fawn

How many different does do you suspect you had on camera?

Same 2 fawn-less does in all the pics or herds of many does, all fawn-less?

Can you see if they are full of milk in any of the photos?

How many different does do you suspect you had on camera?

Same 2 fawn-less does in all the pics or herds of many does, all fawn-less?

Can you see if they are full of milk in any of the photos?

back in late May I had 11 pregnant does on cam all busting to give birth, then most disappeared, the last 2 weeks they came back on cam without any fawns, the location I hunt is loaded with bears and coyotes

Edited by BHC

I do believe there is a correlation to Roundup ready crops and the absence of deer. I live in farm country smack in the middle of big wooded ridges. There are thousands of acres of bean and corn fields. A startling thing to me is that I never ever see deer in certain big tracts of beans while they are highly visible in others. The same with corn. Some fields are loaded with tracks and damage while others go unmolested. I wonder why it is.

I have around 4 acres of rr beans planted strictly for the deer. 

I also have several clover plots as well as the neighboring farm has a hay field. 

I see more deer feeding on the clover which one plot is right next to the beans and more deer feeding in the hayfield next door than I do in my soybeans. 

I use rr beans to keep the fields weeds under control so I can plant turnips and radishes1st week of August and winter rye around labor day. I am finding that the rye is excellent at suppressing weeds. I may start increasing the rye in hopes of cutting back on the use of round up.  This is my 3rd season planting food plots on my farm. 

It had some nasty weeds in the seed bank but I seem to be getting a handle on it. 

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

I do believe there is a correlation to Roundup ready crops and the absence of deer. I live in farm country smack in the middle of big wooded ridges. There are thousands of acres of bean and corn fields. A startling thing to me is that I never ever see deer in certain big tracts of beans while they are highly visible in others. The same with corn. Some fields are loaded with tracks and damage while others go unmolested. I wonder why it is.

Farmer by us farms numerous roadside crops that I scout all summer.. he has 1 bean field that gets destroyed 50+ deer every evening in it.. other bean fields all around the same area have 0 -2 deer in them..

Same farmer.. I imagine same seed??

Anyways, the past few years it seems no-one is planting crops.. too much deer damage I guess. All hay fields in majority of the area..

At least it gives cover for fawns, and no genetic disorders from spraying roundup.. but they all cut this time of the year and I believe many fawns end up dying from cutting hay.. so no matter what, there is always a large fawn death. Poor little guys barely have a chance. Very sad :/

Anyways, the past few years it seems no-one is planting crops.. too much deer damage I guess. All hay fields in majority of the area..

At least it gives cover for fawns, and no genetic disorders from spraying roundup.. but they all cut this time of the year and I believe many fawns end up dying from cutting hay.. so no matter what, there is always a large fawn death. Poor little guys barely have a chance. Very sad :/

I notice some farms being turned into hobby farms that grows hay and the like for their horses, llamas, and what have you. Most always see deer in them. The first mowing is  usually at early fawning time.  It is sad to find the results of that. This was from last year.  I remember the doe running around in a panic as a tractor cut near my place. The field here is in a flood plain and never gets anything other than hay.

P1270020.jpg

We have no crops here in zone 6 but we have LOTS of bears.  I'm really hoping to see an upswing in our deer herd after the last 2 bear hunts.  I've noticed a significant reduction in the number of bears by us this year.    :up:  :up:

I have very few fawns on camera but don't have bears down here either. I think the bears do pray on fawns when possible. I think on my camera the does are not taking the fawns to far yet and that's why I don't have them on camera yet.