IGNORED

Gov shut down

Not really. They still have to spend all the money they would have anyway, plus it's more paid vacation days for many public employees, and less revenue for many of the places closed and the businesses around them. 

What you really want is a Government that works to reduce taxpayer waste, when they work, and other than that, do no harm (pass no more stupid laws and regs). 

PIPE DREAM.  Gov't will never work because of the entrenched interests of the people that work in gov't and you know it.   How about a max on vacation days for PE?  15 days, use em or loose em and they don't get paid for them if they never use them.  Civil service unions will never go for it, because they don't have an interest in reducing waste, just make the taxpayer pay more.  It will end one day. 

Democrats control both houses and can push through anything they want without any republican votes so they already have 2/3.  What's your point?

Do you think they would have gotten 2/3 of both Houses to vote for a shutdown? I don't. Sweeney is already on record agreeing with Christie, and I don't think Prieto could have gotten 2/3 in the Assembly. Besides, when politicians vote for something (like a shutdown) people tend to hold them more accountable at the polls. As it is, Prieto can point the finger at Christie, Christie can point the finger at Prieto, and the rest of them can just shrug their shoulders and say they had nothing to do with it. Make it an affirmative to vote to shut it down, and see if that doesn't change the way they act. I bet it will. 

And my point is basically it would take more than 1 or 2 people to be able to impact everyone in NJ. Put the burden of that on 2/3 of the Legislature.

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

The beachhouse is separate from the park and the state is not providing services to him.  You obviously can't hide your partisanship, but you're free to spew as is everyone else.   Were you this upset when Corzine shutdown the state for 8 days in 06?

Go figure ! Don't believe any of them are better then the next , I am guessing you have never been inside their realm , and watched them first hand D's , R's or I's , they are all the problem , you absolutely have no idea how bad your money is being wasted , no idea at all , it is insane ! The hope that one day they will get it right , it's never going to happen ! The right , the left , no matter they are completely upside down , it's all about ego and money , nothing more , nothing less ! Stop and think why would someone spend 30 + million dollars to get elected , when they can't even run a business , we really need to get them all to , stop blowing smoke up our asses , and then congratulating them for the half assed jobs they do ! Just sayin' !

Edited by Sotaroas

PIPE DREAM.  Gov't will never work because of the entrenched interests of the people that work in gov't and you know it.   How about a max on vacation days for PE?  15 days, use em or loose em and they don't get paid for them if they never use them.  Civil service unions will never go for it, because they don't have an interest in reducing waste, just make the taxpayer pay more.  It will end one day.

Another one mis informed by the fat guy

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Last shut down, 3 months of last year, put many construction companies out of business. We almost went out, lost 3 key people and we are still in recovery mode. This time I have no state work so it will not effect us. NJDOT is the worse agency on the planet to work for. They put in charge of multi million dollar projects people who can't speak or write or read English language. They have unbelievable attitude and zero common sense, no experience

Another one mis informed by the fat guy

Nope, try again.  Misinformation is spread by the gov't, local, state, federal and media regarding how we "need" gov't to have a life. Just like the media is doing now and you are doing now.  The most dangerous person to powerful people is the one who is informed and can actually think for him or herself.  It's easy to call out people as "misinformed" when you don't agree with them or can't support your position with a logical argument.  Doesn't make you a bad person, just not able to lay out a logical argument in support of your position. 

I have said that many times, but will never happen because people just continue to go pull that lever with the same letter they belong to no matter what. I would rather vote in the mailman, garbageman, high school teacher, etc over any sitting politician or anyone that has held any political office before. We need to hound these pos about working on the wants and needs of the people or they get voted out the very next election. Until people stop doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, nothing will change. It proves how many insane people live in this world.

I agree with some of what you said.  What are the wants and needs you speak of?  The wants and needs are endless but the money is finite so the real insanity are the expectations of clueless voters who can't seem to understand that money is not an endless river. Unless people are stupid enough to believe that money will never run out the system will trod along until it is destroyed.  Maybe we need to head down that path until there is nothing left and change is inevitable.