IGNORED

OBX pics

JHbowhunter

Staying in Waves, on Hatteras Island with my GF and her entire family. The surf fishing absolutely sucks here.  Was hoping that some Spanish mackerel would at least show up from time to time, but surf is dead.  Some nice pics anyway. Usually I fish out on the point, and catch Spanish and blues. Maybe will get there with a local friend next week.

I did get out of Hatteras village with another friend on his 13' old aluminum boat to go out in the sound for redfish, and caught my first ever reds on lures. (caught some huge bull red drum on bait out of Oriental, NC a few years ago)  We were working grass flats about 3 miles out in the sound, with gold Johnson silver minnows... Have to go weedless, only way to fish those flats.   Got several - but slow fishing. It seems about a fish every 150 casts or so.

Also got some real nice sunset pics out for dinner with my GF last night.

IMG_5531.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG

IMG_5580.JPG

IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5587.JPG

IMG_5592.JPG

IMG_5594.JPG

IMG_5612.JPG

IMG_5615.JPG

IMG_5618.JPG

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Very nice Jack! We are planning to head there with the kids next summer. Looks awesome. 

I been here at least 9 times - can help you plan.... If you like commercial - stay near or in Nag's head. The further south you go the less commercial it gets. Avon, is the last commercial area, Frisco and Hatteras near inlet are least... Best surf fishing is Buxton, out on Cape Point. (not where I am at, that is 25 minutes south).

I shot a big 10pt once….

Awesome Jack. Very nice pictures. Johnson spoon is the good old redfish spoon. Did you put a trailer on it?

no trailer, I was thinking a strip of pork rind, like for fishing lily pad bass...

I shot a big 10pt once….

I been here at least 9 times - can help you plan.... If you like commercial - stay near or in Nag's head. The further south you go the less commercial it gets. Avon, is the last commercial area, Frisco and Hatteras near inlet are least... Best surf fishing is Buxton, out on Cape Point. (not where I am at, that is 25 minutes south).

Will absolutely be the least commercial area in OBX as we can find, lol.  :up:

Good fishing at Oregon Inlet. Pier fishing in Hatteras and Frisco

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."