IGNORED

Kayak Noob Here

82ndAbnRVN

Wow .. lots of great info from a lot of great guys!

I looked at the LL Bean Advanced Angler Pescador 12 a couple of weeks ago. They had a 20% off sale and another 15% off if you used their card. That would have been about a $600 delivered. But, by the time I got the card, the sale was over.

I'd been looking at the Coosa for a couple of years now - partially for fishing, partially for the outdoors, and partially for the exercise. I have heart failure from Agent Orange exposure and I really need some conditioning. I think that laid-back kayaking might help me with that.

Anyways, the Coosa (http://www.paddlerscove.com/jackson-coosa-yakattack-edition/) retails for $1,450 plus tax, plus shipping ... @ $1,800 delivered. Found a like-new one on Craigslist for $700 (negotiated price). I's absolutely perfect!

I went to West Marine yesterday and picked up a M-16 waist PFD (https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--ultra-slim-manual-inflatable-life-jacket-belt-pack-blue--15911308?recordNum=6). I will have it on at all times. 

No luck in selecting a paddle yet. Length (240-250cm) and lightweight I get -  I don't understand bent shafts and angles.

Edited by 82ndAbnRVN

This angler ace is a two piece which is able to be feathered. It angles the paddle 30 degrees. Some people find that more comfortable when moving your shoulders up and down in motion. I leave mine In the normal parallel position. In the first picture you can see the push pin has 3 settings.20170629_172257.jpg20170629_172402.jpg20170629_172415.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You guys have me so enthused! Do we need a kayak forun? I'm all in for trios, fishing, camoing, etc.

Yes, a kayak forum would be helpful..I, myself am still debating on installing a dedicated vs portable fish finder and would appreciate guidance. I'm surrounded by the Pacific Ocean & yackin' is pretty popular here..

yackMG_4865.JPG

IMG_1348.JPGIMG_1349.JPG

My son and I and two of his buddies float fished the Bouquet River down to the mouth of Lake Champlain a few weeks ago. Great trip, smallie action was incredible!

Got into kayak fishing a few years ago, great way to fish and spend time on the water. You can access many areas that are not accessible to boats.