IGNORED

Trout lodge on the Musconetcong looking for 3 members

AlexFord13

As a member of the club and a staunch conservationist, I really don't appreciate the implication. This was not a club that was "built" by its members. Its a working farm that has had these same structures for centuries on it, the owners home is next door to the lodge.

I implore you to join me for a day of fishing before you make accusations like that. Most of us are working guys who enjoy having a spot to fish and hunt in peace with likeminded individuals.

First, I apologize if it can be interpreted from my post that I suggested that "Club Members" built this Lodge, or that this property is not a "working farm", which it clearly fits the description.

The "Lodge" appears to be a renovated older structure, which may have been their for centuries. The two structures built and old growth forested area that shielded the river and were removed not centuries ago, but in the last 2 decades are what were specifically referred to. Anyone with access to Google Earth, can follow the river less than a mile below Main st. in Asbury and see the two structures and forest clearing referred to in my post and make judgements themselves. Not knowing how long you have been a member of this club and not doubting that you may be a "staunch conservationist", there is a fine line between facts and "alternate facts". I take offence to the statement of "accusations" being made, as what I have written are facts. I witnessed the deforestation of the hillside, removal of old growth trees along the river edge, and the building of two structures in questionable proximity to the stream bed. I was on the river the day the landowner or his agent removed boulders, "trout protective river structure" from the streambed with a backhoe.

Thank You for the invitation to fish your clubs wonderful waters, but I'll have to respectfully decline. Having the memories of the "Oak Tree Pool" full of rising browns that was sheltered in the shade of old growth trees all day and no sign of intrusion by man are what I choose to remember.

Edited by Jerzguy2

As a member of the club and a staunch conservationist, I really don't appreciate the implication. This was not a club that was "built" by its members. Its a working farm that has had these same structures for centuries on it, the owners home is next door to the lodge.

I implore you to join me for a day of fishing before you make accusations like that. Most of us are working guys who enjoy having a spot to fish and hunt in peace with likeminded individuals.

Take me.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you deer hunt there?

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Kayak down that stretch of River would be interesting.  I am sure it is Navigable Waters.   

I will go.  Remember if we touch bottom with the paddles we are trespassing. lol

Edited by Nomad

It is a shame 2 miles of beautiful river like this is restricted to be enjoyed by only a select few (only 20 people with legal access to two miles of river?).

I wouldn't mind having a little more money than I do have myself, so more power to them if you can afford it, but I just hate to see so large an area closed off making it illegal for the vast majority of outdoorsmen (and women) to enjoy.

We complain about the money we pay the Div. Fish&Wildlife and the state, but it is things like this that make me remember it is those monies that go to allow the state to buy up and add land to our public wildlife management areas and avoid allowing the super-rich privatizing all the good lands. Thank God we have as much public land as we do.

It is a shame 2 miles of beautiful river like this is restricted to be enjoyed by only a select few (only 20 people with legal access to two miles of river?).

I wouldn't mind having a little more money than I do have myself, so more power to them if you can afford it, but I just hate to see so large an area closed off making it illegal for the vast majority of outdoorsmen (and women) to enjoy.

We complain about the money we pay the Div. Fish&Wildlife and the state, but it is things like this that make me remember it is those monies that go to allow the state to buy up and add land to our public wildlife management areas and avoid allowing the super-rich privatizing all the good lands. Thank God we have as much public land as we do.

This is the same as complaining that you don't have access to someone's private acres to hunt!?!? There is a ton of opportunity on public land to be all to yourself without Seeing any persons. I fish and hunt almost exclusively on state (or public) land and almost NEVER see a person. I let bucks walk year after year only to see them bigger the following year, I catch wild trout anytime I want and always have streams to myself, etc. there is a lot of opportunity out there with a little research, foot miles, and timing. The super rich is not privatizing all the good land, this 240 acres is a speck on the map of what is available to us all!