IGNORED

Trout lodge on the Musconetcong looking for 3 members

AlexFord13

Hey all,

I am the manager of the Lodge at River Valley in Asbury, NJ. We are currently looking to add 3 new members that mesh with clubs sense of sustainability and community. The Lodge at River Valley is a members only fly fishing club situated along 2 miles of the Musconetcong River in Asbury, New Jersey. Our members routinely catch brown, rainbow, and brook trout - one of the rare fisheries where all three species can be found together. We also host multiple clay pigeon and wing shooting events on the property, as well as world class dining and lodging.

See more at thelodgeatrivervalley.com and contact us if you're interested in membership.

Cheers & tight lines

Alex Ford

Edited by AlexFord13

That is hands down one of the prettiest places in NJ.   :up:  :up:

It is also one of the few river sections anywhere where we see the white fly hatch.  That mayfly is famous in August on the Yellow Breeches in PA.  I have fished it on this stretch before Richard controlled it.  The river could use some enhancements and restoration.  I did the Beatty Farm just downstream and it is now a great fishery, but also private water.  

Edited by Bucksnbows
"now", not "not"

It is also one of the few river sections anywhere where we see the white fly hatch.  That mayfly is famous in August on the Yellow Breeches in PA.  I have fished it on this stretch before Richard controlled it.  The river could use some enhancements and restoration.  I did the Beatty Farm just downstream and it is not a great fishery, but also private water.  

Ahhhhh the Yellow Breaches white fly hatch. Good memories of my past. I went to college at Shippensburg so I didn't learn much academically, but earned my BS in trout with a white tail minor. 

Many hours on the YB, Letort, and big spring....... 

Ahhhhh the Yellow Breaches white fly hatch. Good memories of my past. I went to college at Shippensburg so I didn't learn much academically, but earned my BS in trout with a white tail minor. 

Many hours on the YB, Letort, and big spring....... 

When I was a kid my Dad took me to the Allenbury Inn on the Yellow Breeches for a 3 day trip.  Had a great time and caught some nice trout.

Should post how much per year

Thanks Buck154, here is some pricing info about the Lodge.

Annual membership dues at the Lodge are $5700, with a $12,000 initiation that can be paid over the course of 3 years.

Our piece of the Musconetcong is just shy of two miles, and has an extremely high rate of holdover fish. We have an absolute cap of 20 members so you will often be the only person fishing the entire stretch, which is deemed a National Wild & Scenic River. We do stock it, but with an aim to keep fish around for a long time and to keep up with a family of bald eagles! We don't do any artificial feeding and are 100% fly fishing only / catch & release.

Most of the dues go towards maintenance of the club and the river, but we are also in the process of building a sporting clays course on the Lodge grounds. We currently host 4 clay shoots a year at the Lodge, and we will be hosting our first wing shoot this fall.

There are no guest fees at the Lodge, and you are free to stay overnight in one of the lodge's 3 rooms with a small cleaning charge. 

Also included with membership are golf and dining privileges at Hawke Point, a course just down the road from the lodge.
Edited by AlexFord13

For over 50 years, this was one of the most beautiful hidden stretches of the Musky, with access being 1/2 mile from either road through the Musconetcong Valley and the closest home being more than 1/4 mile from the river. The true stewards were the members of the club that watched over that section of the Musky for more than 50 years, until that place was built and huge tree along the rivers edge were felled and the shade that they provided this river were gone forever. I was there the day they were removing boulders from the river bed to use around that home and slid the backhoe into the river almost flipping it over. I'm sure the oil and hydraulic fluid that was spread along the 1/4 mile of streambed before the backhoe exited was part of the stewardship! Wonderful memories and solitude spent with true sportsman and gentleman. We should be thankful for what little public water has been saved for the commoners.

Thanks Buck154, here is some pricing info about the Lodge.

Annual membership dues at the Lodge are $5700, with a $12,000 initiation that can be paid over the course of 3 years.

Our piece of the Musconetcong is just shy of two miles, and has an extremely high rate of holdover fish. We have an absolute cap of 20 members so you will often be the only person fishing the entire stretch, which is deemed a National Wild & Scenic River. We do stock it, but with an aim to keep fish around for a long time and to keep up with a family of bald eagles! We don't do any artificial feeding and are 100% fly fishing only / catch & release.

Most of the dues go towards maintenance of the club and the river, but we are also in the process of building a sporting clays course on the Lodge grounds. We currently host 4 clay shoots a year at the Lodge, and we will be hosting our first wing shoot this fall.

There are no guest fees at the Lodge, and you are free to stay overnight in one of the lodge's 3 rooms with a small cleaning charge. 

Also included with membership are golf and dining privileges at Hawke Point, a course just down the road from the lodge.

I have never been a member of a fishing club/lodge but wow? $12K initiation fee and $5,700/year? Crop, in 10 years that's $63,300. WOW! This must be some place!

Edited by Lunatic

Join a nj club or go to Alaska for a week? You choose

Or go on several hunts, Elk, Moose, Bear, Dall Sheep, and MANY

I am not knocking it, I am just surprised a fishing club could cost this much. Not for me but obviously there is enough people interested for the place to exist. I wish them good luck !

Edited by Lunatic

Or go on several hunts, Elk, Moose, Bear, Dall Sheep, and MANY

I am not knocking it, I am just surprised a fishing club could cost this much. Not for me but obviously there is enough people interested for the place to exist. I wish them good luck !

Agree...must be some place. A bit far from my house, I would prefer a week long trip in alaska...I think. It must be comparable to the Hudson Guild Farm.