IGNORED

Vegetable gardens

Well it's the beginning of the summer and the gardens should be started and going by now. Let's see everyone's veggie garden's. I got a late start and still don't have everything in yet. There is nothing better to eat than the first bright red Jersey tomato of the year, can't wait.

Here's mine. Got the fence up late and the deer hit it the other night. Hit one tomato plant, one row of beans and the zucchini plant

20170617_185447.jpg

20170617_185522.jpg

We actually didn't plant this year. For the fcpast few years I've had a farmshare at Genesis Farm in Blairstown and weekly it provides 20-25 lbs of the most beautiful organic produce you've ever seen. Because of the farm and the fact that I have a busy summer coming up, my garden is just going to sit idle this year

Nice John. What is the weed guard? My weeds are out of control every year. I was going to tarp it for the winter and keep it just dirt for next years planting

From Home Depot.  Vigoro 6 ft x 50 ft  its like $21. I got tied of pulling weeds all season. Well worth 20 bucks. Water filters right through it.

Edited by Buck154

Fabric for weed control , damn why didn't I think of that LOL , rabbits here they spend most of their time eating clover and grass , good luck with the garden !

No rabbit problem here, just the deer till I put up the fence and maybe one ground hog a year but they only show up once and end up dying of some kind of lead poison. Its a air born lead poison I think :think:  :D    

Your garden looks like Rusty's wood pile :happywave:

I don't plant much but this year I planted my tomatoes mid May and they are doing good with many tomatoes already growing

My will be late but they are looking good with heavy stems.  

Looking Great Good Luck 

Once Upon a Time, I had a 30X60 garden that was 29 years ago fed the Neighbors The Deer Rabbits Ground Hogs Birds not to leave out Pests. 

Each year I downsized till the last year was my Last. 6 Tomato, Basil, 6 Pepper Radishes Squash Zucchini. got hit with mystery spots on tomatoes sent a photo to Rutgers They said  :headscratch:  :eyebrow:  :confused:  :confused:  So I gave up. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Nice John. What is the weed guard? My weeds are out of control every year. I was going to tarp it for the winter and keep it just dirt for next years planting

You can get that stuff at Ocean State Job Lots for $10 for 50 yards, the water goes right through it.  Use cheap gardening stables (Walmart) that look like little croquet widgets to hold it down.  It's great.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Kept it simple this year

Potatoes and sweet corn at various stages

Ever since I put electric around it I've had ZERO critter damage

That's what I'm talking about very close in size to my first one Electric was out of the question.  Township ordinance needed commercial Farm Variance.   

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif