IGNORED

Vegetable gardens

if you go lift the plastic on the mounds in april or may you would find at least 2 nests with 4 or 5 babies in each mound so a total of 8 to 10 nests or 32 to 40 rabbits

Have to have some meat with all the vegetables. :hmmmer:

OK my turn.

I got my garden in late this year putting the house on the market took a toll plus back issues kept me from doing things I should have back in Nov. and March but at this point I have most of my stuff in.

Peas are producing good at this point as well as the Kale and my beans are up at least the Maxi Fillets and Sloeils are not so much with the nickle fillets but zinnias are up as well.

I picked about 60# of asparagus this spring.

Tomatoes are finally in and some of my cucumbers are up.

My Shishito peppers are blossoming but my Arugula is now bolting.

IMG_20170620_204343408.jpg

IMG_20170621_210537199.jpg

IMG_20170621_205747049.jpg

IMG_20170621_205607142.jpg

IMG_20170621_204615439.jpg

IMG_20170413_200821304.jpg

IMG_20170621_204604686.jpg

IMG_20170621_204628539.jpg

Lost my bird dog earlier in the year and for the first time in 16 years rabbits are in my veggie garden.  It won't be long before I start practicing with my bow, for the upcoming deer season of course. 

Edited by Gunsmoke

OK my turn.

I got my garden in late this year putting the house on the market took a toll plus back issues kept me from doing things I should have back in Nov. and March but at this point I have most of my stuff in.

Peas are producing good at this point as well as the Kale and my beans are up at least the Maxi Fillets and Sloeils are not so much with the nickle fillets but zinnias are up as well.

I picked about 60# of asparagus this spring.

Tomatoes are finally in and some of my cucumbers are up.

My Shishito peppers are blossoming but my Arugula is now bolting.

What's the secret to growing asparagus?  I put in 2 dozen plants 4 years ago, another dozen a couple years ago to replace what didn't grow.  They didn't come up this year except for a little fern or two.  I don't pick anything the first year, and they still keep growing less each year.  The 15 or so plants I do have growing didn't produce enough to bother picking anything. I have them in a hexagon (8' across) raised planter that used to be a sandbox, then I grew strawberries in it for about 5 years before planting the asparagus.  Strawberries did very good in the mix of sand and composted dirt.  

Graybeard,

I don't know if there is a secret to it or not most of the info needed is on line.

Start with quality 1 year old crowns, amend your soil to what Asparagus needs are keeping in mind that it is a gross feeder and requires a particular ph also well drained soil.

Poorly drained soil will cause crown rot killing the plant it also needs a sunny location and protection from spotted asparagus Beatle worms they can really tax a mature plant or kill a young one.

It's a sunny well drained spot.  Not sure about the soil.  From what I read, people saying they couldn't get rid of it and it grows like crazy, I thought it was a hardy plant.  I'll have to try again next year with a little more thought.  Asparagus is my favorite vegie, grilled, wrapped in bacon, etc.