IGNORED

Maine Moose Lottery

Yep, Moose can kill also Brother's neighbor was killed in AK outside of Soldotna on his way to Homer in an S10 Typ pickup. 1970s Many have Raised suspensions and reinforced Bumpers, Past years they have installed Super bright LED floodlights that light the road like it is daylight.  He also has them on his Ram Pickup Camper rig even tho he drives around 50 The fastest :eek:   The photo is how far the 18 wheelers have gone. when they hit a Moose it is vaporized. 

Also, there is a List for Moose, unlike Main you put your name on it when a Moose is Hit they call you to pick it up if you say you can't you go to the bottom of the list If you say yes you pick it up and go to the bottom of the list again  On the Kenia Peninsula the list might have less than 100 names on it. and you may be called more than once he did it once along with 3 other guys it is no easy Task when called at 2 in the morning to cut up some 1000 pounds or more. 

Now days Not many put their names on the list The older guys can't handle all that meat the new arrivals don't know how to handle it. 

20090911_MorchueaLk-BobQuinn_155.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

You guys probably know, but make sure you check the alternate list also.  Those are the people that they call if a permit is declined by a permit winner.  So, you still have a chance if you are on that list depending upon what number alternate you are. That's how we got our first permit. Daughter was #4 on the alternate list. There were a lot of permits declined that year and we had our pick of 4 or 5 bull zone tags.

Edited by Nomad

Here is some info on the odds.  Benedict, maybe you can make some graphs or bar charts from the stats in the article. :) .https://bangordailynews.com/2012/06/21/outdoors/moose-permit-lottery-by-the-numbers/?ref=relatedBox

Dont temp me, I love doing crap like that.

I'm entering the PA elk lotto for the first time this year and the odds of pulling a bull are something like 1 in 6,000 depending on entries.   Once I realized that, I figured I wouldn't bother entering, but then I thought, hell I occasionally play Mega Millions and that's like burning $1.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Im in brought my 10 chances

Those 10 chances for $55, is that a one time roll of the dice, or will those carry over for you next year?

That awesome. Better make room for another giant head on the wall

What are we talking, about $1,000 or so?

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Those 10 chances for $55, is that a one time roll of the dice, or will those carry over for you next year?

What are we talking, about $1,000 or so?

I paid 1400 for the last shoulder mount in 2010 and that was a bargain, from what I have heard.  The next one might just go on a nice plaque.