IGNORED

Timber Rattkesnake

Nice capture!   Looks like a fat one.  They give me the willies, but I'm always looking to get a pic of one.  Only one I saw was in a bush next to a rock I sat on.  It rattled when I got up, or I never would have seen it.   Of course I didn't have the camera that day,.

Plant quiz, who can identify the 4 plants in the picture?   :hmmmer:

Definitely some poison ivy and virginia creeper.  I don't know about the others.  That virginia creeper gave me a nasty rash last year.  I also see Sassafras.

Edited by gillripper

Snakes are great they are so important. They kill so many rodents and a lot people don't think about this but they kill thousands and thousands of ticks eating the rodents carrying the ticks.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Snakes are great they are so important. They kill so many rodents and a lot people don't think about this but they kill thousands and thousands of ticks eating the rodents carrying the ticks.

Picked a tick off me last night that was slightly larger than a hydrogen atom.  Little black sucker.  I hate those things.

Picked a tick off me last night that was slightly larger than a hydrogen atom.  Little black sucker.  I hate those things.

Ticks are so bad and a lot more dangerous then a rattlesnake.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈