IGNORED

Coyote Killed Family Pet

BHC

:eek: That is ALOT of yotes. OK, I don't think we have THAT many in one spot here in NJ :) But maybe we do, who knows?

I can tell you, there is a pack living behind the house of a friend of mine where I have permission to hunt. This is in CAMDEN county, and while it isn't in a development, its not like we are in Wharton Forest over here! I can't believe how close they live to houses.

I spent some time in Norman and would love a good excuse to go back. You folks need any help with those pests?

I'm sorry you were in Norman!  :lookaround:

As for helping out with pests, feel free to check out our site www.castandbang.com. We can provide lodging and meals if you make it down our way. I'd recommend the "Everything Hunt" as we run and gun all day for whatever is in season.

cb_logo.png

(405) 633-3122
facebook.pnginstagram.png

I'm sorry you were in Norman!  :lookaround:

As for helping out with pests, feel free to check out our site www.castandbang.com. We can provide lodging and meals if you make it down our way. I'd recommend the "Everything Hunt" as we run and gun all day for whatever is in season.

How do the OK hogs taste? Is it just swine-ocide or meat hunts?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

How do the OK hogs taste? Is it just swine-ocide or meat hunts?

I usually process one a year, and when I do I add some pork fat to it that I get from a butcher shop here. It's pretty good, I make breakfast and italian sausage with it. We only eat sows that are around 100-150, and the rest is coyote food, or as you call it swine-ocide (I like that).

cb_logo.png

(405) 633-3122
facebook.pnginstagram.png

Care to post the 

several studies show that killing coyotes actually increases their population over time.

Care to post the link to the study?  "Studies show that hunting deer increases the population."  "Studies show that hunting bears increases the population."  This claptrap sounds just like the anti-hunting, animal rights crowd talking points. 

Apparently, not hunting them also increases the population, as is the case with areas where deer and bears are overpopulating where hunting is extremely limited or non-existent.  The areas where heavy hunting occurs apparently have smaller populations of deer and bear if you speak to the guys up in zone 1,2,3,4.

I wonder if people who come on here and post shiite like this are really anti-hunters in disguise.  I say kill em all  or at least as many as you can, coyotes that is. 

Care to post the 

Care to post the link to the study?  "Studies show that hunting deer increases the population."  "Studies show that hunting bears increases the population."  This claptrap sounds just like the anti-hunting, animal rights crowd talking points. 

Apparently, not hunting them also increases the population, as is the case with areas where deer and bears are overpopulating where hunting is extremely limited or non-existent.  The areas where heavy hunting occurs apparently have smaller populations of deer and bear if you speak to the guys up in zone 1,2,3,4.

I wonder if people who come on here and post shiite like this are really anti-hunters in disguise.  I say kill em all  or at least as many as you can, coyotes that is. 

Hey, "Global Animal" and "Humane Society" says its so, must be true:

http://www.globalanimal.org/2016/08/16/coyote-conflict-why-killing-coyotes-doesnt-work/

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/coyotes/tips/against_killing_coyotes.html

Of course, tit-for-tat, coyotes are also to blame for the reduction in deer herds as well - so screw the deer, I suppose:

http://unionsportsmen.org/the-coyote-effect/

In all seriousness, that previous article does say its hard to reduce yote numbers to make a difference:

"In order to have a positive impact on fawn recruitment, it’s vital to remove up to 70 percent of coyotes from a particular area, according to at least two research projects conducted in Utah in the past 20 years. ... Ruth, however, says trapping is the most effective coyote management tool. ... But even intense trapping may not help much, as the Savannah River Site study proved. Coyotes respond to population declines by producing more pups and filling areas with low coyote densities through migration."

So, its true and not true. It's hard to reduce the yote population - yotes respond to depredation - but if you remove up to 70%, it helps on fawn survival.

Personally, I'm OK with reducing the yote population 70% through hunting and trapping.

Edited by mazzgolf

I know the guy and the dog, he comes into my work all the time and lives right next door to my work...it's a shame...I see the coyotes all the time and hear them when the fire whistle goes off....I even posted pictures on here of trail cam pics of the coyotes ..most of the trail cam pictures where taken 300 yds or so behind this guys house....shame you can't hunt the property ,there's a biggggg pack of dogs in there to the point where I never see deer anymore and even the turkeys don't dare to cross the road to come into this property..I use to hunt it years ago and there was some big bucks in there ,now your luck if you see a doe...

Big patch of woods east of Union ave all the way to the quarry.  Bet there are lots of bears there as well.  Anti's screwed up a lot of hunting spots. 

More of us need to get serious about hunting them. I mostly hunt them is NYS because I can use my .243 at night. THei NJ shotgun at night business sucks.

Tried it once at night with my son.  I had the mzldr, and he had a shotgun.  We woke up at midnight, and went home.

Care to post the 

sure, its a national geographic article written based on the Dan Flores book.  Its a great read and i suggest it.  He is a conservationist and outdoorsman as well, he simply keeps his head out of his anus.  im not saying don't hunt them, im simply pointing out that pressure on them actually makes them spread out and begin breeding to protect their population.  Basically the only way to wipe them out is with poison...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/08/coyote-america-dan-flores-history-science/

Edited by mfried