IGNORED

Butchering cattle

Outbackeagle

Edit by BowhunterNJ: Hey CJ3a, you can actually embed videos here directly! Just click the television.gif when posting and you can select a bunch of video sources from the dropdown!

Here it is in action!

[video=youtube]

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

Be sure it's under 850lbs. A heffer just means she hasn't calved yet. She could be my age lol. Old means tuff. My neighbor had one get out yesterday and it was standing in my front field grazing. 2 year old Black Angus steer and around 600 lbs.

:beatingdeadhorse:

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

I'm also curious on the cost to buy the steer and raise it for a year and then the cost to butcher it. I may have a farm owned by a friend where I can raise one each year. I do have the freezer for this' date=' so I'm interested in the various costs.

[/quote']

There are lots of costs involved BNB. Feed is just one. And you need to go there everyday to feed water and care for. EVERYDAY. I am not saying it is not a good deal. Just sayin theres more to it then watching him grow lol.

The best way to do it is to raise 3. One you butcher for yourself and the other two go to the auction in Pa. Then next year you have no out of pocket costs and maybe a few bux left over.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them