IGNORED

Delaware River Campgrounds

rossbowhunter

I remember as a kid camping on the Delaware was one of my best memories, just didnt want to get to far north to do it this time around. I live in NW Hunterdon county and just was looking for a tent campsite place within an hour I guess on the Delaware with pretty good fishing action. Thank you.

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

Worthington is nice.

Get a wooded wilderness site, not in the Field I-Tent camped there many years with Kayaks swimming fishing was entertained by all the people in Rafts Canoes Kayaks drifting past And The Black Bears that Came to visit each Morning with their cubs. 

Go to the website for Site Map chose the one you want The ones all the way Back to end of the road are great especially the very last one up high no pacing traffic and bring plenty of Firewood. Even if you do not camp there the launching ramps there and in Tocks Island fed. lands are Free.    

If you go during the week they will let you drive in and pick out a site most weekends are Full.  They even have Hot showers at the field sites and Compost Toilets and old fashion out house Did I mention The Bears :happywave:

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

not sure if if they still have it or not but bulls island. a few years ago they had a tree fall on campers and they closed it, never herd if it reopened. if I wanted to camp and fish I would head to roundvalley

You can hike into Round Valley if you don't have a boat.

If you like Hiking 3 miles to the nearest  Site.  Not for a Friendly Family Camping trip.  :down:

This information from Their site, That Map is Deceiving 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Many years ago,my father and me took our small boat camping at Round Valley.The second day

we woke up to heavy rain and high wind.We were stuck there.Since then I only hike in.We could have

walked out of there in the rain, but we had the boat to deal with.