IGNORED

Pequest Show Today and Tommorow

Didn't see any of you today, but if you come by tomorrow, say hello.  I'm inside at the Ridge & Valley Trout Unlimited booth.  Please buy some of our raffle tickets.  Winner gets a $1,000 gift certificate to Cabela's and 2nd place gets a $500 gift certificate to Orvis.  The proceeds have been earmarked to restore the "A Frame property" on the Musky between Asbury and Bloomsbury just above Warren Rod & Gun/Musky Trout Hatchery.  This 1/3 mile stretch of the Musky is Division owned and degraded from decades of the fishing club having once leased this water and building stone dams to try to make pool habitat.  Bottom line is all the dams caused the river to widen and become shallow, destroying trout habitat.  Currently, 6 NJTU chapters are working together with the new TU national staffer (my old job) to fully fund and restore that section of general regulations water later this year or early next year.   

Didn't see any of you today, but if you come by tomorrow, say hello.  I'm inside at the Ridge & Valley Trout Unlimited booth.  Please buy some of our raffle tickets.  Winner gets a $1,000 gift certificate to Cabela's and 2nd place gets a $500 gift certificate to Orvis.  The proceeds have been earmarked to restore the "A Frame property" on the Musky between Asbury and Bloomsbury just above Warren Rod & Gun/Musky Trout Hatchery.  This 1/3 mile stretch of the Musky is Division owned and degraded from decades of the fishing club having once leased this water and building stone dams to try to make pool habitat.  Bottom line is all the dams caused the river to widen and become shallow, destroying trout habitat.  Currently, 6 NJTU chapters are working together with the new TU national staffer (my old job) to fully fund and restore that section of general regulations water later this year or early next year.   

I looked, but didn't see you.  Was over doing Hunter Education, but took a quick walk through around 11:30.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

They have a hunting and fishing flea market, hunting and fishing exhibits, wildlife exhibits, kids can fish in the trout pond and you can walk into the trout raceways and see all the trout.  They have one of those huge fish tanks and a bass pro gives a seminar and fishes in there. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/peqoh.htm

Edited by Nomad

I looked, but didn't see you.  Was over doing Hunter Education, but took a quick walk through around 11:30.

Sorry I missed you, Robin.  I did see several members today and a few yesterday.  I think the June date needs to be switched back to early April.  Attendance was off by more than half according to most.  It's just too nice out and many trout anglers are already done trout fishing for the season.  Regardless of the sometimes bad weather in late March/early April, there is nothing else to do and everyone is thinking about trout and spring turkey season.  Come early June and everyone is at BBQs, proms, graduations, ball games, etc.    And in the end, it rained all day today anyway, so we didn't get better weather after all.  

Venders were leaving at noon. Attendence was a lot less the years past

Good talking to you Brian.

Yes, it was too late this year after the postponement.  People are a lot busier this time of year.

Sorry I missed this thread , I was there with the troop , and meet BigWuHeads significant other , bought a call ... But that was about it had I known I would have made my rounds . Like already mentioned , I spoke with a couple vendors and the tempo was the same , if it's held this time next year they won't bother attending .