IGNORED

Gym Membership: Yea or Nay?

Rusty

Funny you ask this...

I've owned a BodyCraft home gym in my basement for, oh, it has to be at least 15 years now. I used it for maybe the first year or two. More recently, and up until this weekend, my "gym room" was my "hunting gear storage closet" :)

Last weekend I cleaned it out, moved my stuff to the kids' playroom (they don't use it anymore) and used my home gym machine this very morning for the first time in I don't know how many years.

I am getting older, weaker, and it seems like every month or so I pull a muscle here, hurt my back over there, and just basically fall apart in places. I really need to get in shape.

But the fact that I have a hard time getting motivated to workout in my own home gym in my own house, I just know I would never be motivated enough to hop in a car and drive somewhere to workout.

Funny thing is, the wife works out a couple times a week in a gym that she has a membership at - I don't know how she does it.

Ok, time to get honest here.

I don't really care if you go to a gym or not.  The real reason that I started this post was to determine if I needed to start working out or not before Jack's Pool Party.  LPJR's Angry Shad picture has me a little concerned.  I don't want to be the only pasty white Pillsbury Dough Boy flopping around in Jack's pool.   :lookaround:

I don't really care if you go to a gym or not.  The real reason that I started this post was to determine if I needed to start working out or not before Jack's Pool Party.  LPJR's Angry Shad picture has me a little concerned.  I don't want to be the only pasty white Pillsbury Dough Boy flopping around in Jack's pool.   :lookaround:

12-16 ounce curls regularly (bottle, can, mug) should have you in prime shape in time for the party...  Will be sometime in August. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Don't worry I am sure everybody will be wearing their well fitting speedos to hide any imperfections :eek:

..... I am getting older, weaker, and it seems like every month or so I pull a muscle here, hurt my back over there, and just basically fall apart in places. I really need to get in shape. .....

Me, too.

I joined a gym that's en route to work. At least 3 days a week. I don't think I would do it at home .... neither before nor after work.

I eat a lot of grilled chicken breast and vegetables, too. I'm trying to reverse some of the damage to, and neglect of, my body from the previous decades. :eek:  lol

12-16 ounce curls regularly (bottle, can, mug) should have you in prime shape in time for the party...  Will be sometime in August. 

So we got 2 months to get into shape, good.  How's this for a plan?  We bulk up through June and then we cut in July.

June:  Go heavy with lots of dark stouts like Guinness.

July:  Switch to light crisp lagers to work on definition.