IGNORED

thoughts on the Beavertail Stealth 1200 boat?

mazzgolf

Does anyone have one of these Beavertail Stealth 1200 boats?

If so, what do you think about it?

• Is it easy to maneuver in the water with just paddles (no trolling motor)?
  • Tight fit in the cockpit or lots of room if you got a bunch of hunting or fishing gear with you?
  • Comfortable to sit in and hunt/fish out of?
  • Do you think it would be easy for a single person to load / unload in 6' truck bed (no trailer)?

boat_stealth1200_350.gif

Looks great for hunting. Wide with lots of room. Probably take a little more paddling it cause of the with over a Kayak, but more room.

Has some weight to it at 130 lbs and 12 foot. Kayak is half the weight.

Edited by Buck154

I've owned one for about three years now and I love it:

• Is it easy to maneuver in the water with just paddles (no trolling motor)? - yes it's pretty maneuverable with a kayak paddle  
  • Tight fit in the cockpit or lots of room if you got a bunch of hunting or fishing gear with you? there's plenty of room. I usually fish with another person in the boat, the other person sits on a milk crate towards the front of the boat and its comfy. 
  • Comfortable to sit in and hunt/fish out of? its definitely comfortable. and if your legs get antsy, you can stand up to stretch. the hull design makes it very hard to flip. Myself and one other full grown man have both been standing and casting in the boat and it didn't feel sketchy or unstable at all. 
  • Do you think it would be easy for a single person to load / unload in 6' truck bed (no trailer)? - I load it into my 6' bed by myself with no problem. Yes, it is heavy, but I just pick up the front end and rest it on my tailgate, then push it into the truck from the back and it slides right in. 

I have the motor mount as well. I haven't put an outboard on it yet, but I have used an electric trolling motor. Only downside to the trolling motor is how much room the battery takes up. The water tight compartments in the front and back provide plenty of space for life jackets, rope, anchor, etc. I also installed two cleats on either side of the boat, which was a nice touch. 

I've owned one for about three years now and I love it:

• Is it easy to maneuver in the water with just paddles (no trolling motor)? - yes it's pretty maneuverable with a kayak paddle  
  • Tight fit in the cockpit or lots of room if you got a bunch of hunting or fishing gear with you? there's plenty of room. I usually fish with another person in the boat, the other person sits on a milk crate towards the front of the boat and its comfy. 
  • Comfortable to sit in and hunt/fish out of? its definitely comfortable. and if your legs get antsy, you can stand up to stretch. the hull design makes it very hard to flip. Myself and one other full grown man have both been standing and casting in the boat and it didn't feel sketchy or unstable at all. 
  • Do you think it would be easy for a single person to load / unload in 6' truck bed (no trailer)? - I load it into my 6' bed by myself with no problem. Yes, it is heavy, but I just pick up the front end and rest it on my tailgate, then push it into the truck from the back and it slides right in. 

I have the motor mount as well. I haven't put an outboard on it yet, but I have used an electric trolling motor. Only downside to the trolling motor is how much room the battery takes up. The water tight compartments in the front and back provide plenty of space for life jackets, rope, anchor, etc. I also installed two cleats on either side of the boat, which was a nice touch. 

Thanks! Very helpful!

Does anyone have one of these Beavertail Stealth 1200 boats?

If so, what do you think about it?

• Is it easy to maneuver in the water with just paddles (no trolling motor)?
  • Tight fit in the cockpit or lots of room if you got a bunch of hunting or fishing gear with you?
  • Comfortable to sit in and hunt/fish out of?
  • Do you think it would be easy for a single person to load / unload in 6' truck bed (no trailer)?

boat_stealth1200_350.gif

Is this the entire boat in the picture of just an insert of some kind ?