IGNORED

When to move your feeder?

Hung my 200lb feeder up at my deer spot about 6 weeks ago with a cam by it. It spins once in the am and once pm. Since hanging it I have got over 1000 pics of the same 3 does and 1 buck with 2in knobs. Last Oct til end of Dec this is where I jad pics of the biggest bucks on the property. Where I hang my stand is about 100yds away and I never see those deer, its a small wooded finger. By my stand I had 2 nice bucks and 5 or 6 small bucks last year all year. At what point do i pull the plug and move the feeder closer to my stand from last year? I was hoping it would have drawn most of the deer to it by now

Hung my 200lb feeder up at my deer spot about 6 weeks ago with a cam by it. It spins once in the am and once pm. Since hanging it I have got over 1000 pics of the same 3 does and 1 buck with 2in knobs. Last Oct til end of Dec this is where I jad pics of the biggest bucks on the property. Where I hang my stand is about 100yds away and I never see those deer, its a small wooded finger. By my stand I had 2 nice bucks and 5 or 6 small bucks last year all year. At what point do i pull the plug and move the feeder closer to my stand from last year? I was hoping it would have drawn most of the deer to it by now

The bucks disperse about the time they shed the velvet. So not seeing bucks right now does not mean they will not be there come fall.

I would have the feeder closet but not in shooting range. I like to hunt travel paths to and from a feeder if I use one depending on the property.

Also if you can set a feeder up and then hunt a staging area before the feeder it has benefits that way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SlugsnArrows

My experience with feeders is that mature bucks stay away from it, at least during the day.

There's an abundance of food right now and home ranges are typically very small during the summer.  As others have said, as soon as the velvet comes off and summer food sources disappear things will change significantly.  I wouldn't move anything for now.