IGNORED

Laws on hinge cutting?

If you have farmland or woodland tax assessment then you are covered by Fredon's right to farm ordinance.

Nope neither. Just a private 9+acre wooded patch behind my house

I'll see what heppens. I'm not gonna send him a bottle of wine and an apology like I was going to. I tried being nice and he's just upset of how his view is now.. I understand that, but it doesn't mean threaten to call on me. What's that gonna do? Trees are down. They aren't gonna magically stand back up if I pay a fine. He gets nothing out of it other than hurting me in the pocket. Sucks. Thought moving to Sussex County was supposed to be wonderful. Guess I gotta go over that river and try PA for true happiness :/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

He can call, it will not get him anywhere. Its your property.. So long that you don't go on his property u are in deed "good". Don't wonder about the law end of this. He has nothing, for the SP to get involved in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

he is lucky i dont live by him. when he told me that i would of cut 10 more then cleaned out a little area that he could see from his house and put up one of those plywood cutouts of a lady bending over showing butt crack and possibly a plastic pink flimingo

I was the Tree Advosry Board Chairman for my town and some members  on the Board wanted to pass some crazy ordinances concerning trees on private property.....I proposed that we are better off educating the public on the importance of trees rather than impose laws....the Libs on the committee didnt like it but it worked at least while I was there....

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

I know 2 people that had their balls busted by Township Shade Tree Commissions. They had to plant trees to replace the cut down trees. Nj sucks.

Jay has planted a bunch of spruce and other trees across his property.  I'm sure he's planted more than he has cut.  

Most towns like Fredon won't have municipal laws about tree cutting. But you see more and more of those as you get close to a city. As others said, he hinge cut them which means that the trees are still alive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bucksnbows

So I'm hinging a few trees and a neighbor of mine who I met 1x a year ago when I moved in is watching Mr from the border... so I walk over and say hi.

He was curious on what all the cutting was about, so I explained.

His reply was "I just wanted to check before I had to call someone"

I asked why...

He asked if I checked with the town before cutting.. I said I had a state forester come here and help..

So now I bet he's gonna call the town and make a stink.. I hope not. I don't need a headache. I figured they are my trees, why can I cut them??

Anyone know the laws? Fredon twp..

Local laws can be a problem. In Sayville NJ there is a fee for every tree you take out. I don't remember how much but I believe $50.

He can call, it will not get him anywhere. Its your property.. So long that you don't go on his property u are in deed "good". Don't wonder about the law end of this. He has nothing, for the SP to get involved in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the way is should be in America but unfortunately we allowed our politicians to keep control of what we do on our own property. That's the reality

Technically I didn't "take out" any stumps.. every tree I cut was either hinged or for firewood... stumps were left to live.

I planted 50 Norway spruce trees, 1 willow, and 5 fruit trees. So I added 56 trees and killed 0. (But knocked over I bet over 100. No problem, I'll plant another 50-100 trees. Planned on it anyway.

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Technically I didn't "take out" any stumps.. every tree I cut was either hinged or for firewood... stumps were left to live.

I planted 50 Norway spruce trees, 1 willow, and 5 fruit trees. So I added 56 trees and killed 0. (But knocked over I bet over 100. No problem, I'll plant another 50-100 trees. Planned on it anyway.

It is a ridicules state of affairs when a property owner has to wonder if he is in the right doing whatever he wants with is property.