IGNORED

Stevo and family needs help....PLEASE!

Me too, kmtpr.  I think this coming November is 24 years since my cancer diagnosis.  Way too many of us out there, but it sure beats the alternative.  Medicine is making great strides with many of the cancers which is great to see.

Congratulations to you and Hope you remain cancer free. Just to clarify, wasn't me; cancer took my husband back then.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member

John,

Thank you for all you are doing.

Though I have never met Stevo he reminds me of a very dear friend under similar circumstances.

Unfortunately, residual effects from being in Nam. And its extremely sad how our politicians treat these hero's.

Pass on my best when you see him next, and an envelope went out in todays mail to his wife.

Bob

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Congratulations to you and Hope you remain cancer free. Just to clarify, wasn't me; cancer took my husband back then.

Sorry for your loss.  I'll never forget the look on my then girlfriend's face when we learned I had cancer.  Two years later we got married and twenty one years later she probably wonders why she stuck around so long.  :)

John,

Thank you for all you are doing.

Though I have never met Stevo he reminds me of a very dear friend under similar circumstances.

Unfortunately, residual effects from being in Nam. And its extremely sad how our politicians treat these hero's.

Pass on my best when you see him next, and an envelope went out in todays mail to his wife.

Bob

Thank you Bob, I will stop over the house on Monday. If you ever want to meet, you just let me know, just like yourself, Steve is a great guy

FYI Veterans This is one of the places to start to look for Assitance in all Case may not fit every situation. Depends On a Caes by Case Basis and Dependents are also Covered but limited to each Case. 

www.Explore.va.gov------ Va Health Care 1-877-222-8387

If you have any problems or issues contacts are listed to assist you.  Also, Check with your Elected NJ County Freeholder that is the Veterans adviser John Curly is Monmouth County Representative.

Do not get frustrated and Give up or decide to refuse any help from the VA.  Get in contact with any Local Veterans Group near you Be it VFW - Legion - The NJ  National Guard may even be a source for Help regardless of affiliations.  Navy Relief Services. Even The Salvation Army can give you some directions.

As a Township Veterans Committee Member--Salvation Army Monmouth County Disaster Volunteer. We have helped many that wanted help but there remains those who Refuse help for whatever Reasons.

It is not easy to convince a Proud Veteran to ask for help be it Welfare- Food Stamps. Financial Assitance.  especially if they had Bad experiences.

Hope this helps Stevo and His Wife. Bill 

Thank you Bill!

I hate hearing this and feel so bad for his family and wife. Id say I feel that way for Stevo too but, I have a feeling he wants NOONE feeling sorry for him. Im in such a tight spot right now. I'm trying to sell some fishing equipment just to get by. Not crying a river , just being upfront because I know every little bit helps! If they sell and Im able, I will definitely help out with what I can!

I used the gofundme link on the other thread. Not as much as I would like to donate, guys, but every little bit helps....done!

Edited by outdoorslife

Am Sorry he is going through more pain etc. Cancer is Hell!! I feel very bad for him and his wife. I was in a similar situation 23 years ago. Hope they will get the much needed help. God bless!

I couldn't agree more, one of the worst days of my life was when my wife was diagnosed.  It sucks.