IGNORED

Why do I love crappies?

gillripper

Gillripper Thought I was only one doing it but I did it the old Method where this is what I use today got my grandsons involved now Have a few Lakes that have Large ones helped many years ago to put in Habitat to hold them.  It is very secretive fishing Good Luck

Hope Photo Helps to explain the method and Tackle. 

81oXgwamYRL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I love fishing for them too. When you get into them, it can be great action. Never tried jigging with a slip bobber. I usually use a small spinner or grub on a jig head, fished slowly, and once I get a few hits, either keep after them with that, or switch to a crappie magnet under a regular float. It's deadly.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

1957-Glad to hear you did some habitat improvement.  I have been considering sinking some old christmas trees to build "my own secret honey hole"

Make sure you check for permissions The Lake I  Volunteered at is managed by a Conservation Group in Freehold after it was done it pissed off a lot of Bass Fisherman who got snagged in the Brush. Not one for selfies this one mid-summer same lake I posted of my Grand Son with his Large Mouths 

Sight-fishing-crappie-tips.jpg

Trout Taste Crappie. :down:  Especially Stocked ones fed on Cat food & grains. The biggest reason I throw them back. those Breeders suck even more just mushy tasteless Crap. The Wild Rainbows in Alaska are bright pink and good eating but are Catch and Release only on many of the rivers I fish. 

Still remember the first crappie I ever caught, it was on the big lake in Highland Lakes back in the early 70's.  The odd thing was, I fished that lake day in and day out over the spring and summer for several years before I caught my first crappie. 

Best tasting for me are sunnies & perch followed by walleye and crappie!

Still remember the first crappie I ever caught, it was on the big lake in Highland Lakes back in the early 70's.  The odd thing was, I fished that lake day in and day out over the spring and summer for several years before I caught my first crappie. 

Best tasting for me are sunnies & perch followed by walleye and crappie!

I think  Most catch the first one by accident mine was at Panther Lake Had a Camping trailer there for many years. it held LG-Bass-Cat Fish-Giant Pickeral -Sunnies and jumbo BlueGills-It was stocked with Brown Trout from 16-20 inches hoping the pickerel found them too big to eat. there was only a few other that fished it since it was from a boat. so The Browns held oI got them some 200 Browns,  The lake also held a nice Hering schools. but were hard to catch.for best bait. But that is another topic.