IGNORED

Fluke Regs

Buck154

I get commercial guys need to make a living, but look at all the other businesses impacted by these types of regulations.

What do you think the commercial vs recreational fishermen kill rate is?  Look at the fish laying on those decks!  How long are they sitting there?  How many are already dead by the time they're thrown back?

Look at those videos and explain to me how recreational fishermen are doing more damage than commercial fleets.

Forget the fact that there are plenty of fish out there to begin with, but why are recreational fishermen taking on the burden of this while all of the businesses that revolve around the recreational fishermen are suffering as a result?

It is what it is.  The fisherman will keep on fishing no matter what.  Hope these regs don't hurt the party boats.  Catch em' up boys.

Not true, like BowhunterNJ said fluke fishermen will eventually give up fishing for them just like winter flounder.

It will get to the point where it's just not worth the $$$ to target them anymore.

I don't doubt the new regs will have an effect of some sort, but I don't think it's the end of flounder fishing.  Would you rather they close the season for a year?  No sense in whining over it it's not gonna change anything.  There's more important things to whine about like baiting and crossbows.    

I don't doubt the new regs will have an effect of some sort, but I don't think it's the end of flounder fishing.  Would you rather they close the season for a year?  No sense in whining over it it's not gonna change anything.  There's more important things to whine about like baiting and crossbows.    

And Rage BHs :happywave: