IGNORED

Do we have a Seabiscuit in NHL ?

Lunatic

Ottawa is for real and the Pens are beat up.  Couple lucky bounces for Ottawa and Pens can't score.  Next game is huge.

That's what I was thinking when they played the Rangers, a couple of lucky bounces but they disposed of Rangers in six and just took a lead with a 5:1 lead against a favor to win it all.

What is going on?

Ottawa beat the Penguins last night 5:1 :lookaround:  and its leading 2:1 in the series

I dont understand it.  The team on paper really isnt that good.  When you watch them on the ice, they really dont seem that good even while winning.  But....... they keep winning.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Ottawa is for real and the Pens are beat up.  Couple lucky bounces for Ottawa and Pens can't score.  Next game is huge.

This is definitely playing a part, the Pens are wounded and are not the regular season Penguins.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

This is definitely playing a part, the Pens are wounded and are not the regular season Penguins.

Pens wounded still have more great players on the ice than most teams in NHL and for sure more than Ottawa. This is great to watch and I say go Ottawa :-)

Edited by Lunatic

Wouldn't Nashville be the Seabiscuit?  They were the 2nd Wildcard in the west.  Ottawa was a 2 seed and so is Pittsburgh.  Not exactly a huge underdog there

Nashville is a better team than Ottawa IMO.  Ottawa only finished with 4 more points than the Predators did so the yearly standings aren't much different. 

Ottawa's goal differential on the year was -2, the worst of any of the 16 playoff teams, yet they were #6 in points in the east, which is pretty odd, because usually if you finish with a negative goal differential after 82 games, you're home watching the playoffs on your couch.  This tells me they either won a LOT of 1 goal games, or they got blown out a lot, not sure which (or both).