IGNORED

SNAKE !

Running my GSP at Colliers Mills this morning.

She goes on point and I walk in from about 30 yds away to check it out.

Old tree is down and she is locked up on the root end.

Well as I walk in I figure a chipmunk or mouse and start to bend down to look into the stump end when I see the snake which startles the daylights out of me !
I would say it was easily 4 ½' to 5' long and it didn't move at all while I was taking pictures.

IMG_20170512_104228479.jpg  IMG_20170512_104242062.jpg

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Very cool looking snake! great encounter.

We had an interesting encounter while turkey hunting this past saturday. We were walking by an old hollowed out dead tree. We see some black fur or feathers moving inside. We look at each other and are like what the heck is that? We were about 3' from the opening of the tree. 2 secs later a vulture comes crawling out of the hole hissing at us and flies off. Apparently thats where they built there nest. Scared the crap out of us. lol 

Northern pine snake. On the endangered species list. Cool find.

When you're looking for something else and then you immediately make contact with it, then it's a  "MADE ME JUMP BACK & HEART STARTS PUMPING FAST" snake,  for the first few seconds.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

When you're looking for something else and then you immediately make contact with it, then it's a  "MADE ME JUMP BACK & HEART STARTS PUMPING FAST" snake,  for the first few seconds.

Bob they can be mistaken for a rattled. They hiss load and vibrate their tail in the leaves. Very cool snake. Used to be a fair amount around when I was a kid but I haven't see one in a couple years

They get large. Cool Snake and not many around anymore. The like Roads for some reason and you see most of them squashed instead of looking for Chipmunks.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them