IGNORED

Raritan Bayshore Report 5/10/2017

1957Buck

Got to Leanardo 2 hours into incoming Calm Partly Cloudy or was it Partly Sunny never got that one right. Light brisk Breeze from East Water on the clear side. No one fishing Leanardo moved to Belford Same. Moved to Port Monmouth 6 fishing Picking of Blue Fish 3-5 lb with one around 12LB was told Incoming was best previous days but a pick today. No Birds in site or surface action. Work on the Flood control going full bore with 20 ft walls Giant Flood Gates driving steel Piles and Bulkheads. Parking lot west of Monmouth Cove Marina Inlet full of construction equipment but Parking is available on the left. Gate gets locked access that is over the Dune, 2 fishing west jetty did not talk to them. Drove thru Keansburg looks like that outdoor Bar  Biker hang out is Closing. Spoke to 1 fisherman coming from the Pier Not very friendly most likely Drunk asked how is the fishing on Pier he said there catching Fish. 

The Wife said roll-up the window lock the door lets go. Next stop was Union Beach Cops just leaving fisherman's parking lot ????  3 Cars 2 with Kayaks on roof 1 without just Kayak fishing no one to talk to. Stopped in Keyport No Fish Sandwich this time at Keyport Fishery No one on Pier Beach or boats in site They haven't even started to put in The Sailboats in the Harbor. No need to go to Cliffwood or South Amboy. Bait shop in Keyport said Picking Blues to all out Blitzes   2-here and there 14 Lb Mixed.  Striper are on Vacation with shorts and a keeper now and then. Bunker schools Hiding. The Consensus is there next week with 70-degree air temps return.  I go along with that.  OH did not see any boats out on the bay as far as I could see not even a Head Boat. Onley boats were returning commercial Conch boats. 

AS they say, you Can't catch them at home. Good Luck Bill

Post.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Squan is packed with fish now that the waters cleared some, mostly 3-5lb Blues, with some bigger marks under the 70 bridge, this was all seen on sonar while sea trailing customer boat, good luck!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Squan is packed with fish now that the waters cleared some, mostly 3-5lb Blues, with some bigger marks under the 70 bridge, this was all seen on sonar while sea trailing customer boat, good luck!!

Thanks, I like the Dog Beach to wade out and Fly Cast and  Plug. When The Fluke R in like to cast Bait just over the shelf. Best during  The WEEK -Boats on weekends make it uncomfortable, to say the least, and Polite.

A neighbor was casting Big  Closers  Tuesday catching like 10 Pounders on a 10 WT.  My opinion that's better than any Salmon I ever caught. 

Post Note just hope the sea Salad is not too bad.

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif