IGNORED

Vandalized Camera....But caught on picture!!!!

Buck154

Over a month ago I checked one of my cameras and soon as I saw it I knew things were not right. The lens was jacked sideways like someone tried to poke out the lens. It pissed :rant:  me off cause I leave this camera out 24/7 all year for years. never had a problem with it. So I pulled it so no one would come back and steal it or really destroy it. I checked  the card and didn't not have any one on it :headscratch: but what I think is a hand with a stick or something poking the camera. I saved the 2 picture and have not put the camera back yet.  

Well a couple days ago I was going some pictures and looked at the 2 from the camera and finally realized who messed with my camera. I was pissed off the day it happened and never looked at them much.  

Well here is his picture :shock:    :headscratch:   :bulb:  Dummy. Over a month thinking about this not knowing till now.

Ordering a new lens cover to fix it now

MFDC9102.JPG

MFDC9101.JPG

I had a feeder that was always empty when I hunted there.  I would fill it and 3 or 4 days later it would be empty when it should have last at least 10 days.  So one day I filled it and then hunted it the very next day.  A red-bellied woodpecker would land on the spinner and poke at the corn, causing a stream of corn to spill out.   

The question is which woodpecker.

First look I thought it was a Red bellied but Red Bellied should not have any red one the side of his head, below his eye or bill.

Could it be Pileated? They do have red cap all the way to the bill and the male does have a red patch on the side below its eye and bill.

I had a similar story but there was no question about who did it:

Bear walking to the feeder

152494799.xjIFXvsN.jpg

Feeder down

152494800.kWT8SKRm.jpg

Bear walking to the camera

152494801.FKKTjGoR.jpg

The very next picture the camera took was  a picture of the sky:-) I found it on the ground with its it's lens up

152494804.H4xG1IfV.jpg

The SOB destroyed my feeder and the camera

Edited by Lunatic

The question is which woodpecker.

First look I thought it was a Red bellied but Red Bellied should not have any red one the side of his head, below his eye or bill.

Could it be Pileated? They do have red cap all the way to the bill and the male does have a red patch on the side below its eye and bill.

Pileated has black and white markings on the cheeks.  The Red-bellied does have a small amount of lighter red around the beak, my guess would be Red-bellied, but I could be wrong.

LITTLE M, WHERE ARE YOU?  

Pileated has black and white markings on the cheeks.  The Red-bellied does have a small amount of lighter red around the beak, my guess would be Red-bellied, but I could be wrong.

LITTLE M, WHERE ARE YOU?  

Well I looked at some picture and I think you are right

73688288.1QXeuwjz.IMG_5078_2.jpg

Edited by Lunatic