IGNORED

NJ CRAW FISH ???

I'm sure this has been asked but has anyone trapped craw fish and eaten them from NJ ???  IF so was it worth the effort ?

When out daughter was young she would catch them in the stream alongside our house and ask if she could eat them.  Finally one day we caught a bunch and made a meal of it.  It was fun and the crayfish weren't bad.  

Edited by Rusty

Never used an actual or formal "Trap" to catch them.

Used a small hand net.

Catch about 50 to 100 of them and have a little party.

Cook em' up like shrimp, crabs, etc. (Boil or steam).

I like using my crab recipe spices.

Craw dads & beer.

Good stuff.

Enjoy the day out catching them, well worth it.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

When I was younger, back in the 70's,  a family moved next to a park with a brook and they always waded and scooped them up and leave with enough for dinner for a family of 5.  What takes the cake about 10 years ago I was down the hook and a family were seining for spearing. I asked if it was for bait, he said no they fry them. The kicker was they were letting jumbo blue claws go. To each their own.

Mmmmm .... thinking of a heavy pot of hot Cajun (not Creole/New Orleans) crawfish etouffee right now.

Had that in a Cajun restaurant in Louisiana a few weeks ago.. It was good.. But it wasn't the crawfish that made it good..

:D

Had that in a Cajun restaurant in Louisiana a few weeks ago.. It was good.. But it wasn't the crawfish that made it good..

Driving down to LA/MS/TX on the 20th for 2-3 weeks of eating crawfish, fresh oysters, redfish, shrimp ... and fishing the Gulf and hunting hogs.Trying to get the wife to move down there ...

Driving down to LA/MS/TX on the 20th for 2-3 weeks of eating crawfish, fresh oysters, redfish, shrimp ... and fishing the Gulf and hunting hogs.Trying to get the wife to move down there ...

way to hot for me down there. I hate the summer and I absolutely hate the humidity lol. plus the skeeters are the size of volleyballs lol. 

I am planning an alligator hunt next year though. but I will only be staying a week, not rest of my life lol. I love my winters and hot wood burning fires