IGNORED

Saturday AM Check-in

Matty

No permits for me this year, but I just got in from roosting for tomorrow. My buddy Joe is bringing his 5 year old son to experience gobbles (hopefully). (fingers crossed) 

Went to my best spot tonight....but only heard one gobble. He also caught me off guard while I was still walking up the hill and I couldn't pinpoint it and couldn't get him to gobble again. I have a rough idea but sounds bounce around in those hills. He could be totally in the opposite direction of where I think he was. 

My brother listened at another spot and heard hens (option 2). Joe and his son listened in another spot and heard zero.

I hooted up one other spot and startled a hen. (option 3)

Where there's hens, there's bound to be gobblers nearby.

Looks like possible thunderstorms in the AM (last I checked). Hopefully not too bad but we'll have the little guy in a popup if it rains.

Also have to be done by 9 for baseball. Cross your fingers that the little guy gets to at least hear some birds. Uncle Matty didn't do his due diligence this year on scouting and it's showing. lol

Good luck to everyone going out for weekend warrior time.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Rain is gone here for the PA opener.

Had four Jake's come in gobbling up a storm .

Put on a good twenty minute show between the decoys .

Surprised a long beard hasn't come in with all the gobbling .as I watched them go to roost last night

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Rain is gone here for the PA opener.

Had four Jake's come in gobbling up a storm .

Put on a good twenty minute show between the decoys .

Surprised a long beard hasn't come in with all the gobbling .as I watched them go to roost last night

It's early, the big boys are most likely with the girls.  Give them time and they'll show.  Good luck hammer.   

I'm in the car right now waiting for the rain to stop. All hell broke lose, I think I would drown if I got out right now. The radar tells me it will stop in 15

Good luck, be safe out there

I'm in my truck still in zone 12. The rain and lighting is insane. But will clear out shortly 

Good luck out there gentlemen.  It's clearing up nice now.  

It's early, the big boys are most likely with the girls. Give them time and they'll show. Good luck hammer.

no hurry here .last turkey hunt of my vacation .

Had Jake number 5 come in .so they are all searching .

And the show I saw this morning was definitely worth the price of admission

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/