IGNORED

21# Limb Hanger

Nomad

Brought my son to work today for "bring your child to work day". I am retired, but work part time as a caretaker on a few properties. We loaded up the tractor/chipper and start driving out to the work area and immediately see a large tom strutting next to a hen right where we were going to work. They just slowly walked off and we started working. At about 10 am we took a break and my son says ,"I hear a turkey gobbling". So, I smacked a hammer a couple of times on the loader and sure enough he sounded off again. I thought this was a good chance for him to go after his first all by himself as he is now 14. We drove the tractor to the truck, got his gear on, and I said "go get him". I drove the tractor back to where I was working and my son went up the small ridge to where the turkey was. Every once and a while I would smack the hammer on the loader and the turkey would sound off. I knew he was calling , but I figured this would help my son keep track of the turkeys position as it approached him. After only about 10 minutes, I hear the shot! I knew I was going to have one happy hunter or one sad story to hear! lol Well down the ridge he comes with his big gobbler!biggrin.png He was really excited about it! 21lbs, 9.5 beard, and 1 1/4 spurs. Another great day! The pictures show the spot he picked, when he shot the bird. Thanks for reading.

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

Edited by Nomad