IGNORED

Go Pro Filmed Hunts?

I have a gopro hero 4 and it does HD vid. The quality is very good when replaying it on a computer. My only issue is file size is sooo big you cant post it or email it. I guess if you have a you tube acct its ok. The gopro also seems more bulky than the tacticam I have seen guys post on here. Personally I wouldnt spend $400 on another if this one broke

Edited by mattg1500

Cheap Camcorder is better than gopro imo. Anything past 10 yards is very tiny in go pro videos.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I agree. The major problem with GoPro for hunts is that you have no zoom capability. There isn't much detail you can see unless like you said something is right next to you.

Some Camcorders are inexpensive, very small, quiet and therefore much better.

Not a fan of the GoPro which in my opinion is way overpriced..I use an Ion HD camera to film the hunts, and my son has the UltraPro X HD camera he uses while riding his dirt bike and quads.....The link is attached below. His camera has a great zoom, unlike the GoPro.

It is also a fraction of the cost and includes many useful accessories in the kit.

https://www.ultraprox.com/adventure-cam-8

Edited by LPJR

gopro is a 6' and closer camera

handycams are made for auto focus. try getting a crisp focus on a deer in brush. it will lock onto a twig or leave. 

canon vixia with manual focus, WB, exposure, mic plug and LANC plug

good head on a decent arm. 

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association