IGNORED

Resetting Password

Tarhunt

Why is it that, every four to six weeks I always have to reset my password for this site? I belong to many message boards with some being over ten years and I never had any issues except this site. It's becoming a huge pain in the ass for me.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I've never had to reset my password.

I wonder if this site has some security measure in place - if someone tries to log into your account and fails to enter the correct password after, say, 4 attempts, it might lock your account and asks you to change the password once you successfully log in. Not sure if this site has anything like that - but I've heard of sites that do this kind of thing to prevent someone trying to hack your account. Do you have any enemies that would want to hack your super-duper-important NJWW account?  :hmmmer:

I've never had to reset my password.

I wonder if this site has some security measure in place - if someone tries to log into your account and fails to enter the correct password after, say, 4 attempts, it might lock your account and asks you to change the password once you successfully log in. Not sure if this site has anything like that - but I've heard of sites that do this kind of thing to prevent someone trying to hack your account. Do you have any enemies that would want to hack your super-duper-important NJWW account?  :hmmmer:

Not that I know of.

No idea why you would need to. I haven't had to reset mine since the site started.

What operating system and browser are you using? Do you have your password saved in your browsers configuration? If so maybe it's an old password before you reset it that is being saved by the browser?

Need more info on what your process is to login to get an idea of where it could be going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea why you would need to. I haven't had to reset mine since the site started.

What operating system and browser are you using? Do you have your password saved in your browsers configuration? If so maybe it's an old password before you reset it that is being saved by the browser?

Need more info on what your process is to login to get an idea of where it could be going wrong.

I have Windows 7 and I use Firefox and I save my passwords. It's just weird that's it's this site. What I noticed last night when I was on Facebook, my webroot security popped up about hackers on the site and it shut me down. When I logged back onto my computer, it was then that I had to reset my password for this site.

Not familiar with the webroot security popup. Did you also have to reset FB?

Firefox wise I've had issues recently with other sites where it doesn't save my password on updates. Even though it pops up to replace the old password and save the new one, it never seems to save it.

You can verify what password is saved in Firefox in its preferences >> security. Reveal the password and verify if it's your old password or new one.

That doesn't explain how it would work for weeks then stop though. Unless you were entering it manually most times.

Not familiar with the webroot security popup. Did you also have to reset FB?

Firefox wise I've had issues recently with other sites where it doesn't save my password on updates. Even though it pops up to replace the old password and save the new one, it never seems to save it.

You can verify what password is saved in Firefox in its preferences >> security. Reveal the password and verify if it's your old password or new one.

That doesn't explain how it would work for weeks then stop though. Unless you were entering it manually most times.

This website was the only one that I had to reset my password. Facebook was fine. I'll check Firefox. I only recently switched to it. I think December of last year. Thanks.