IGNORED

The New RAGE Broadhead For 2017

BHC

compound, 

while its a deer down after shooting more than just a few hundred with the all types of bows, since 1974. NEVER should a deer have made it over 400 yards unpushed with a double lung shot.

IF this deer had been shot in a heavy thicket, I would probably have never found it.was fortunate it was in a giant hay field, as there wasnt any sign of the deer being hit, except for me having confidence in my placement 

when a Rage works is def is a devastating broadhead, but when it doesnt even with good placement its marginal at best

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

compound, 

while its a deer down after shooting more than just a few hundred with the all types of bows, since 1974. NEVER should a deer have made it over 400 yards unpushed with a double lung shot.

IF this deer had been shot in a heavy thicket, I would probably have never found it.was fortunate it was in a giant hay field, as there wasnt any sign of the deer being hit, except for me having confidence in my placement 

when a Rage works is def is a devastating broadhead, but when it doesnt even with good placement its marginal at best

From your description I bet the ring wasn't on the blades before the shots. Shoot whatever you like I will keep using what kills for me and I know there are many animals I would not recover if I wasn't using rage.  

From your description I bet the ring wasn't on the blades before the shots. Shoot whatever you like I will keep using what kills for me and I know there are many animals I would not recover if I wasn't using rage.  

Lets not turn this into another "My Rage works - you suck " post that used to happen on the other site. If you want to hear about my own personal RAGE failure which swore me back on Fixed blades forever - PM me please. I have quite a few years of experience under my belt, like Hammer4reel does.   On this site, we just laugh about it. Lots of good hunters on here shoot RAGE, but we don't take it personally. Shoot what you feel most confident in - always. But don't discount real live experiences from VERY experienced hunters. Anything mechanical (including the bow itself, a release, etc) can fail.  

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Lets not turn this into another "My Rage works - you suck " post 

C'mon, we need a good RAGING rage post every once in a while.  This wouldn't be a hunting site without it.   :rofl:

For the record, I'm strictly a fixed blade guy.   :D  

After this post dies we can revisit crossguns and baiting.   :poke:

Lets not turn this into another "My Rage works - you suck " post that used to happen on the other site. If you want to hear about my own personal RAGE failure which swore me back on Fixed blades forever - PM me please. I have quite a few years of experience under my belt, like Hammer4reel does.   On this site, we just laugh about it. Lots of good hunters on here shoot RAGE, but we don't take it personally. Shoot what you feel most confident in - always. But don't discount real live experiences from VERY experienced hunters. Anything mechanical (including the bow itself, a release, etc) can fail.  

And why would you say let’s not turn this into “my rage works-you suck”? Is it because I disagree?  For sure nothing I said could trigger this type of response.

Now back to the subject. I don’t really need any anecdotal stories about problems in the woods. I happen to have a very unique and extensive  experience with broad heads  in general which adds up to pretty good, statistically significant data, unlike the one or two stories passed along by people using something else. One of the properties I hunt is a lease I hunt with 12 to 15 guy and prior to this I was a member of another lease with bow hunting only, also 12 to 16 hunters. As you can imagine with that many hunters we have a good representation of fixed blades and mechanicals including Rage. I have tracked way too many deer on bad or marginal shots made with fixed b.heads to accept anyone’s opinion that fix blade is better or more reliable. Usually  very little blood and consequent no recovery.  I have yet to recovered a gut shot with a fixed blade. On the other hand rage gut-shot opens up the stomach and the animal is in too much pain to move with its entrails hanging down to the ground.  Again my opinion is not based on one or two stories. It is based on a significant numbers derived from 10 years + involving many hunters and many broad heads.    

In the last 5 years  I shot  23 deer with a rage Broadhead. I lost one deer due to very high shot, missing both vitals and the spinal cord.  Last season I killed 6 deer with a rage and two of them were 40 yard buck shot which are hanging on my wall. One went 25 yards the other one dropped in place on a double lung shot which hits his opposite shoulder.  Also last season in Florida I shot a pig at 40 yards, again double lung shot and I recovered it where I shot it, the pig never made one step. Two bear I killed in New Brunswick Canada did not even make 20 yards while my Magnus Stinger partner’s Bear on a very similar shot went almost 100 yards. Rage is devastating and more forgiving on bad shots than any fixed blade on the planet.  On good shots animals hardly ever go beyond 20.  I will never even try to talk someone from using whatever works for them but I will always chime in when someone is telling me something I know from my vast experience to be wrong.

Like I said before, with rage you are putting an axe through the animal instead of a clean, surgical and small cut of a razor blade.  

Here are some rage action for your, can a fixed blade do this? :

165341193.710seN0G.jpg

165341189.MrGyLVnQ.jpg

165341201.qsEVCQgv.jpg

165341200.XkadPZL8.jpg

165341181.xDDPmUoF.jpg

165341300.5StiQ1sV.jpg

Lunatic - you are not the only one on here that loves the RAGE.  JerseyJay, Live2Hunt, to name a few. All good hunters, make good shots, good recoveries never had the BH fail to deploy properly. Keep shooting them, no beef from me.    I just don't understand why everyone gets so defensive about them when someone reports a legitimate issue with them. Also - I am sure they have come a long way from the original 2 blades.  

Ok here is my story (sigh), and please do tell me if this EXACT same thing happened to you, if you would ever shoot them again:

2007. Hunting a stand separating two cornfields. Watched a monster 130+ inch perfect symetrical 8pt slowly feed his way toward me. I was up 20 feet. He stayed "head on", then turned broadside at 10 yards but a needed 6 more inches for him to clear a limb. Instead he turned and walked right underneath me. I had to switch bow to other side of tree and I am pumped because my favorite shot is quartering away and I figured I would get a nice 10 yard shot to hit a little high on last rib, and exit opposite armpit, It happened perfectly, the shot was right on target... To my surprise and dismay, the arrow seemingly bounced off the buck!  It hit right where I wanted!  A shot I made so many times with muzzys and thunderheads. There was just a little flank meat on the arrow, no fluids so it never entered body cavity.  It's possible that a blade or both opened in flight, although I always checked those damn O-rings...  That buck was shot a full year later next to the property and scored a whopping 154"!      I shoot VPAs now... They perform flawlessly and I can shoot them over and over again and just sharpen them right on shaft and hunt them.  Can't beat that, and I shoot 10+ deer in the row on same head!    Best penetrating head I ever seen.  Vented and non-vented.  Even when I shot deer with RAGE and recovered them, was often not getting full pass-throughs and I draw 65# shooting Matthews. Every shot was one and done, I had replacement blades but never could use them because the heads were bent after every shot. Went through 3 packs of them until the "incident".

I am now perfectly in tune, and at peace with my BH... I have enough to last me a lifetime.

Oh and shot placement is still #1 most important thing...    But some shots, a solid steel COC fixed head can do amazing things, such as this shot that completely severed the spine and center punched the heart, only to be stopped by the ground because it dropped in it's tracks and died in like 3 seconds...

IMG_2490.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Lunatic - you are not the only one on here that loves the RAGE.  JerseyJay, Live2Hunt, to name a few. All good hunters, make good shots, good recoveries never had the BH fail to deploy properly. Keep shooting them, no beef from me.  I just  don't understand why everyone gets so defensive about them when someone reports a legitimate issue with them. Also - I am sure they have come a long way from the original 2 blades.  

Ok here is my story (sigh), and please do tell me if this EXACT same thing happened to you, if you would ever shoot them again:

2007. Hunting a stand separating two cornfields. Watched a monster 130+ inch perfect symetrical 8pt slowly feed his way toward me. I was up 20 feet. He stayed "head on", then turned broadside at 10 yards but a needed 6 more inches for him to clear a limb. Instead he turned and walked right underneath me. I had to switch bow to other side of tree and I am pumped because my favorite shot is quartering away and I figured I would get a nice 10 yard shot to hit a little high on last rib, and exit opposite armpit, It happened perfectly, the shot was right on target... To my surprise and dismay, the arrow seemingly bounced off the buck!  It hit right where I wanted!  A shot I made so many times with muzzys and thunderheads. There was just a little flank meat on the arrow, no fluids so it never entered body cavity.  It's possible that a blade or both opened in flight, although I always checked those damn O-rings...  That buck was shot a full year later next to the property and scored a whopping 154"!      I shoot VPAs now... They perform flawlessly and I can shoot them over and over again and just sharpen them right on shaft and hunt them.  Can't beat that, and I shoot 10+ deer in the row on same head!    Best penetrating head I ever seen.  Vented and non-vented.  Even when I shot deer with RAGE and recovered them, was often not getting full pass-throughs and I draw 65# shooting Matthews. Every shot was one and done, I had replacement blades but never could use them because the heads were bent after every shot. Went through 3 packs of them until the "incident".

I am now perfectly in tune, and at peace with my BH... I have enough to last me a lifetime.

Oh and shot placement is still #1 most important thing...    But some shots, a solid steel COC fixed head can do amazing things, such as this shot that completely severed the spine and center punched the heart, only to be stopped by the ground because it dropped in it's tracks and died in like 3 seconds...

It is not much of being defensive. I killed more deer with rage to remember how many and never, not even one time I had a problem, so yes I will chime in when I am told they don't work.  Yes you have to pay more attention to it than you do with a fixed blade, to make sure the retainer didn't slip before the shot, but the resulting carnage is well worth it.   

But its all good, I am not telling anyone to switch, use whatever works for you.

Edited by Lunatic