IGNORED

The New RAGE Broadhead For 2017

BHC

Look at that! It looks like that one opened. I guess that's what is so new about it.  :rofl:

(sorry - I really have no dog in this fight - it's just that I thought of a witty comment and had to share :tooth:  )

Dont be sorry, you beat me in sayin it! Hahaha

figgin broadheads suck. give me a pack of muzzy and im ready.

I killed about 50 deer with a rage and never once had a problem but if for some reason it wouldn’t open it would cut as wide as any fixed blade. The only question is why would you want to put a knife through your deer when you can do this with an axe? This one cut one of the ribs in half:-)

165329747.97wmFYKu.jpg

Edited by Lunatic

I killed about 50 deer with a rage and never once had a problem but if for some reason it wouldn’t open it would cut as wide as any fixed blade. The only question is why would you want to put a knife through your deer when you can do this with an axe? This one cut one of the ribs in half:-)

165329747.97wmFYKu.jpg

I guess that rage decided to open up on impact. haha other rages have a mind of their own and are stubborn lol. ding dang o rings cost me another deer.

fixed blades have no conscious. they will deliver where they are sent.

I guess that rage decided to open up on impact. haha other rages have a mind of their own and are stubborn lol. ding dang o rings cost me another deer.

fixed blades have no conscious. they will deliver where they are sent.

That's the biggest BS from people who don't use this broadhead. Anyway this argument about Rage not opening is pointless if you are telling me fixed is better. Rage which does not open, if that really happens, cuts as wide as a fixed blade. It has cut on contact tip and two blades 1" apart before they open:-)

If it's mechanical, it can fail. Period, I've heard way to many horror stories about rage and othe mechanical broad heads to ever put any trust in them, I've been using G5 Montecs since '09, only lost one deer, which was my fault, (bad hit), as of the rest? All dropped in sight. I'm happy with what I shoot. If you have confidence in a mechanical, have at it. Not going to belabor the point.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

That's the biggest BS from people who don't use this broadhead. Anyway this argument about Rage not opening is pointless if you are telling me fixed is better. Rage which does not open, if that really happens, cuts as wide as a fixed blade. It has cut on contact tip and two blades 1" apart before they open:-)

WRONG. the dull sides of the head just punch through when the head doesnt open. while it makes a hole, it isnt the same as a sharp fixed blade making the same hole.

I recovered a deer shot with one through the ten ring that didnt open. was a LONG thread on the other site about it with all the pics of the entrance, exit and hole through the lungs.

I have not shot the Rage since they went to the snap bands, which im hoping they did to correct the issue they had.

I believe as long as you touched a rib or other bone they had to open, but on  the deer that I had one not open it went between the ribs and only touched meat.

but the pics tell the story, they can be shot without opening

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

here are the pics Lunatic

A friend of mine gave me a half dozen rage heads when he decided to not shoot them.
I have shot ALOT of different heads just so figured I would add these to that collection.

Shot this doe at 25 yards , the thump was REALLY loud , not like thumping a watermelon, but a crazy loud pop.
The arrow was up to the fletching on the side I shot and fell out her first jump., and was right where I had aimed,
The rubber retainer had pushed all the way up to the fletchings , so the head should have opened but didnt, yet when I moved the bladed they moved freely

I got out of the blind in time to see the rest of the deer she had been with hit the far corner of the hay field.
I expected to see her between myself and the other deer.
she wasnt. 
I looked all over for blood and didnt find a single drop, even knowing the run she had traveled across the hay field.
I went to the far corner and walked the hedge row , and found her piled up deep inside a bunch of multiflora rose.
Had I not seen the other deer, as well as had confidence in my shot this deer def would not have been found.
She was double lunged and went 465 yards from where I shot her.

attached are pics of the entry, exit and chest cavity as well as the lungs showing this head didnt open.

was my first shot with a RAGE , and will def be my LAST one.

this deer if shot where she was with a muzzy or a reaper wouldnt have gone 40 yards 

entry hole

001_zps5f103ce9.jpg

003_zpsc964bc52.jpg

008_zpsf18dd30a.jpg

007_zps215da1f6.jpg

006_zpsf74b4b70.jpg

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

WRONG. the dull sides of the head just punch through when the head doesnt open. while it makes a hole, it isnt the same as a sharp fixed blade making the same hole.

I recovered a deer shot with one through the ten ring that didnt open. was a LONG thread on the other site about it with all the pics of the entrance, exit and hole through the lungs.

I have not shot the Rage since they went to the snap bands, which im hoping they did to correct the issue they had.

I believe as long as you touched a rib or other bone they had to open, but on  the deer that I had one not open it went between the ribs and only touched meat.

but the pics tell the story, they can be shot without opening

Wrong is right. Again it is a cut on contact tip and if it didn't have any other blades it would kill a deer. But of course it does have two more blades which in closed position provide a cutting contact. I will be the first one to tell you use what you have confidence in because otherwise you will continue blaming your own mistakes on your equipment and never correct them. The stories are the stories but I will go on my own experience. I killed at least 50deer , two bears and several pigs with a rage and never once had any problems. The only time I lost a deer was because of a very bad shot I didn't blame on my equipment. In fact rage is so devastating I hardly ever have to track them. After the shot deer arch their backs and pile up within 20 yards. Its a devastating broadhead.  

here are the pics Lunatic

A friend of mine gave me a half dozen rage heads when he decided to not shoot them.

I have shot ALOT of different heads just so figured I would add these to that collection.

Shot this doe at 25 yards , the thump was REALLY loud , not like thumping a watermelon, but a crazy loud pop.

The arrow was up to the fletching on the side I shot and fell out her first jump., and was right where I had aimed,

The rubber retainer had pushed all the way up to the fletchings , so the head should have opened but didnt, yet when I moved the bladed they moved freely

I got out of the blind in time to see the rest of the deer she had been with hit the far corner of the hay field.

I expected to see her between myself and the other deer.

she wasnt. 

I looked all over for blood and didnt find a single drop, even knowing the run she had traveled across the hay field.

I went to the far corner and walked the hedge row , and found her piled up deep inside a bunch of multiflora rose.

Had I not seen the other deer, as well as had confidence in my shot this deer def would not have been found.

She was double lunged and went 465 yards from where I shot her.

attached are pics of the entry, exit and chest cavity as well as the lungs showing this head didnt open.

was my first shot with a RAGE , and will def be my LAST one.

this deer if shot where she was with a muzzy or a reaper wouldnt have gone 40 yards 

entry hole

001_zps5f103ce9.jpg

003_zpsc964bc52.jpg

008_zpsf18dd30a.jpg

007_zps215da1f6.jpg

006_zpsf74b4b70.jpg

Its a deer down. Was this vertical or Crossbow?