IGNORED

Tough day for trout on the delaware but got one

hemlock

The odds were stacked against me on the big D section of the Delaware today.But I have caught some of my best browns in high water when there is a clear line that meets the mud line from a feeder creek and often that line will extend a 1/4 mile like today I walked the entire line hitting every likely holding water and finally at the end wham! He hit like a freight train and holding him for the few seconds before the release was one of earned satisfaction. It's not about numbers but more the challenge these wild browns are to catch in brutal conditions like todays. This trout made my day big time and worthy of sharing it with you all.

IMG_3264.JPG

nice job. weather was crappy all day but sometimes thats the best time to be on the rivers. i enjoyed a nice day trout fishing as well. although my target was stocked rainbows. landed 6, kept one for the charcoal smoker.

how are those proline hip boots holding up? i have bought 2 pairs in 3 years. i cant catch a break with these hip boots. i always get leaks, and at the wrong time.

That' great!   Nothing like a well earned hard strike!  You would like casting for Browns up on Lake Michigan.  Maybe you have already?  I wade and fish the mud line where the streams flow into the lake and nail browns in the 4-12 pound range , with our personal bests quite a bit larger.

nice job. weather was crappy all day but sometimes thats the best time to be on the rivers. i enjoyed a nice day trout fishing as well. although my target was stocked rainbows. landed 6, kept one for the charcoal smoker.

how are those proline hip boots holding up? i have bought 2 pairs in 3 years. i cant catch a break with these hip boots. i always get leaks, and at the wrong time.

Thank you and I cool you caught some rainbows I ate smoked rainbow yesterday. And the hip boots these are pair 3 in 3 years they are good for less than  a year so far for me. But each time I brought them back I got another pair  from dicks in Middletown NY and they took the leaky ones I just save the receipts.

Edited by hemlock

That' great!   Nothing like a well earned hard strike!  You would like casting for Browns up on Lake Michigan.  Maybe you have already?  I wade and fish the mud line where the streams flow into the lake and nail browns in the 4-12 pound range , with our personal bests quite a bit larger.

Know that is something I never did but definitely want to do  that sounds awesome!

Thank you and I cool you caught some rainbows I ate smoked rainbow yesterday. And the hip boots these are pair 3 in 3 years they are good for less than  a year so far for me. But each time I brought them back I got another pair  from dicks in Middletown NY and they took the leaky ones I just save the receipts.

smart. I will save my receipt next time. just wish someone would come out with a better hip boot. there are companies that make waist high waders. but hip boots are very convenient. for fishing and other outdoor activities. but it seems all you see out there are proline hip boots and IMO they are crap.

Even though catching any fish is fun, wild fish are definitely the best......

On a really slow day, that one bite always feels very rewarding to me. Congrats!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear