IGNORED

Best deer sled.

Lunatic

Lunatic

Jet sled is the way to go. I've tried to use the roll up sled but the deeralways rolled so the sled was up and the deer was on the dirt. I think it's because of the way the drag rope attaches. Went to jet sleds 4 years ago and won't look back.

Well I disagree. Igot a jet sled because of all the positive reports.  I only used it one time this febuary to haul my climbing sticks and hang on out of the woods. the only place it was better was crossing the stream. I havea alluminum deer cart that has hauled many deer out and my climbing sticks and stands in and out every season and on dry land it out performed the jet sled.  It does sound very reasonable that the jet sled would be much better with snow on the ground

Lunatic

Jet sled is the way to go. I've tried to use the roll up sled but the deeralways rolled so the sled was up and the deer was on the dirt. I think it's because of the way the drag rope attaches. Went to jet sleds 4 years ago and won't look back.

They way I had it secured it wouldn't roll but deer would definitely slide sideways so some part was over off the sled.

Thanks everyone. I think I have a winner !!

Well I disagree. Igot a jet sled because of all the positive reports.  I only used it one time this febuary to haul my climbing sticks and hang on out of the woods. the only place it was better was crossing the stream. I havea alluminum deer cart that has hauled many deer out and my climbing sticks and stands in and out every season and on dry land it out performed the jet sled.  It does sound very reasonable that the jet sled would be much better with snow on the ground

The property I hunt is untouched by men so I have many blowdowns. I think a sled maybe easier to drag up and over logs than deer cart, What do you think?

JET SLED - Started using one last year, and will never go hunting without one.

Screenshot_2016-11-12-22-08-15_147907661

What size is this one?

Why aren't you gutting before dragging?

BTW the nice buck appears to be smiling and happy:-)

Edited by Lunatic

Thanks Guys , I saw the ATC on Amazon for $54 bucks and black for $41 the Kodiak is a heavy duty version available in black only and is an inch wider and an inch taller but 25% thicker $80 bucks or so . Something to consider is making a truck bed drawer ... So nothing gets lost in the rear and out of reach ...

What size is this one?

Why aren't you gutting before dragging?

BTW the nice buck appears to be smiling and happy:-)

This is the 54" x 25" x 10"h.

As far as gutting, I always drag my deer to a certain spot on this property to gut. There's a water source for easy clean up!  I gut the deer by the water, and drag them gutted out the rest of the way. He was my best 6 pointer to date. I had a skull mount done on a barn wood plaque, which came out great!

This is the 54" x 25" x 10"h.

As far as gutting, I always drag my deer to a certain spot on this property to gut. There's a water source for easy clean up!  I gut the deer by the water, and drag them gutted out the rest of the way. He was my best 6 pointer to date. I had a skull mount done on a barn wood plaque, which came out great!

Thanks

Nice deer

Another +1 on the Jet Sled. 

Bought one before last season, and with about 1/2 inch of snow on the ground it made the drag SO easy, that the deer/sled  actually got AHEAD of me at times from the momentum on the snow.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775