IGNORED

Anyone need a deer head?

JerseyJaysTaxidermy

As a self employed contractor, I always get a deposit. If they have an issue with that, I do not want them as a customer!Β  Can you at least write off those losses?

Edited by 3 Blade

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

I've been stuck with numerous things over the years..

"Gunnyfern" screwed me with a half life size fox my first year in business. No deposit. I'm out a several hundred dollars in materials , tanning. Shipping, a base, and labor

"Drenal" screwed me out of a 2 sided crappie reproduction on a table pedestal. . No deposit.. I'm out a few hundred dollars in materials and a days labor.. funny thing- decided on the extra cost to paint both sides -thanks.. like I needed to waste more hours for something he didn't even want to pay for.

I got beat out of a fox squirrel. No deposit..

I've been beat out of a bear rug -small deposit -guy got locked up.. never heard back from him

Pheasants are notorious .. got stuck with a few of them.. never a nice one either.. always something shot up with a 8" tail.

Got a rack here that I've had since 2008 I believe.. guy says he wants it as our last year's email.(yeah right) I gave his tanned skin to someone else who needed it.

I got a hen wood duck I just finished in feb. Guy must have died cause he went from "I'll be there this weekend " to a ghost... no response... can't sell migratory birds-federal law. I guess I have something else for my decor.

That's just the crap off the top of my head.. I have dozens of mounts on display at numerous sports shops -all donated cause I can't sell, and I can't keep in my way forever..

I could have bought a new quad if all the guys who screwed me in the past 11 years would come pay up. Every one of them just dissappear and ignore me.. no balls.

I still contact a few from time to time just to hopefully get an apology--- nothing.. straight to voice mail (which is always full) or a Facebook comment that gets ignored .

Worst part is at the end of the month, I gotta take a loss out of my pocket to cover others expenses. A simple phone call to cancel a mount is way better than letting me complete it then never calling me back.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wasnt somebody gonna pay for the deadbeat gunnyfern's fox ?

Wasnt somebody gonna pay for the deadbeat gunnyfern's fox ?

Who knows. He was my 1st paying customer 11 years ago. His fox came out beautiful, it's hanging in a sports shop now with my logo under it.

Β 

I was young and excited for a customer lol. He gave me some bs line how it was going to be displayed on the counter at a sports shop where he worked, so b I cut him a decent deal on it..

Β 

Then I heard he got deathly sick-and I stopped bothering to call him figuring he was not doing well...

Now I see on Facebook he travels all over the place taking photos of wildlife.. I think he has the health and $500 he owed me for the mount. I heard from so many he was a stand up guy- not in my book. He could have made it right for 11 years now and still not even an apology.

Β 

Ohhh let's not forget that prick "pigman"...

I did an artificial European skull on a deer he shot here in NJ.

I picked it up from him, no deposit, mounted, shipped to TX for him, never got paid. He owed me like $140 -150

Phone number goes to one of his personal assistants and I could never get in contact with him. After a dozen calls one guy finally said skull arrived broke in half.. (it's a resin skull. .. they do not break in half)

Β 

Anyway- all his money and fame and he had to beat me out of a lousy $150.

Β 

He ended up getting his Jay....don't wish that on anyone....just saying

njtaxidermy.com in case you are questioning the quality. He does excellent mounts. I have 5 with him so far and I am very picky and I have been very happy. I think you went to class with him lol. You do excellent work too...must of been a good class.

Edited by Oneday121o

That's deer is in Florida - perhaps different state laws. I believe the "cannot sell deer parts" is a NJ state law that Jay is talking about.

NJ 23:4-27.c

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching toleranceΒ 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Β 

I think law says "back hide"..

"capes are illigal to sell I think-unless tanned, in which then are considered a product, but I'm not 100% sure.

This deer has PA tags, I think sale of antlers are legal in PA. . (Again, I'm not 100%) but if the transaction is made in NJ it's illigal according to NJ law.

It's a bunch of cap imo. Taxidermist should be allowed to purchase a "sellers permit" of sorts to recoup some of their losses.

NJ 23:4-27.c

Absolutely 100 percent legal to sell raw or processed hide. If you are a Taxidermist, you should have that title and law printed out and handy as a reference to you in your shop. If it's your business, you should "KNOW" not "THINK". Especially if it would be your azz on the hook

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Β 

Many other states allow the sale of antlers.. but in NJ you can not buy or sell deer antlers. In NJ you can not sell anything indigenous to NJ except fur bearers other than bears.

Illegal to sell in nj:

Turkey

Bear

Deer (other than back hide, or lower legs)

COUNTRYWIDE: migratory birds unless proof of farm raised

Incorrect. Read NJ 23:4-27 and 23:4-28 Edited by Bucndoe

Β 

Would consider it for a cheaper price lol, my taxidermist does shoulder mounts for cheaper than that and good one too lol!!! Capes are provided free by most taxidermist.

Capes are free if available. .. sometimes they are not available, then purchasing one for $100-300 (pending size ) is often common.

As for your taxidermist doing mounts for cheaper, there might be a reason for that...

Maybe he gets health insurance cheap through his wife's job

Maybe he tans his own hides

Maybe he doesn't insure his ups packages when shipping to a tannery

Maybe he uses cheaper eyes

Maybe he uses caulk as glue instead of hide paste

Maybe he uses bondo in the ears instead of plastic earlier

Maybe he buys cheap inacureate forms

Maybe he works for cash and hides his income

Maybe he doesn't have business insurance

Maybe his property taxes are low so he needs less income each year than me

There are a lot of variables that will change price from 1 guy to the next. There are a lot of corners to cut that you can not see in photos.

There are a lot of guys who just plain don't know how to price a job

There are guys who just want to get high numbers and will lower their price to undercut the competition

Β 

Too many variables that no one but he knows. None of my business. I don't know him.

Β