IGNORED

Shad fishing yesterday.

GhostBear

So, last minute yesterday I pm JH to see if he'd be up to go shad fishing after work, no dice he says, he's in JC and fishing a tourney the next four days., but says OMC is looking to go, so Jack being the great guy he is, puts us in touch, I spoke to OMC at around 2 pm and we hatched a plan to meet up by the Stokes sport shop, which worked out for me as I needed to get some darts! While I was shopping, I met his son and his sons buddy. OMC showed up a short time later and we headed out to the first spot, now I don't have waders, and Mike ()OMC) lent me a pair of hip boots! Though he did say they might leak! Lol they did, but not bad, we hit the river in the first spot and I hook up on the first fish! Got it to my feet before it tossed the dart. OMC had a fish on too, but said let's move after just 15 of fishing.

That move payed off big time! We got into the shad and I lost count of the hits,hook ups and landed fish! It was great! This being only my second time shad fishing and Jack Harris and Mike (OMC) both went above and beyond to get our group on the fish!

Sorry I don't have any pix, but it was a great time fishing with some really great guys! Thanks!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

It was a blast!! I may strike out on my own this afternoon, but will have to see, my neck is way boogered up from when that tool hit my truck nearly a month ago!! so I'm still limited.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I may go Saturday. .. what kind of gear should I buy? Use trout pole or bass pole? (Ultralight or medium?)

Bait? Lures?

I've never gone for shad- gonna wing it if my buddy wants to go. (He's coming today-sunday to fish trout- I gotta talk him into leaving the baby fish and trying for something that will fight)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GB it was a pleasure fishing with you yesterday, I'm glad we made the move. I'm sure if we stayed where we were it would've been fine but I knew they were still in that area from some intel I got. I don't know how you fished that long with those waders, you dumped out at least a gallon or more of the Delaware.

Jay any lighter rod will work fine but the longer the better to get the distance on the cast. My sons friend used a spinning reel on his 5wt fly rod and had a blast. 6 - 8 lb test main line and 3-4ft floro leader 6-8lb. Each section fishes a little different so keep changing up the retrieve until you find what they like. Anywhere from Easton to Narrowsburg NY has fish.   

GB it was a pleasure fishing with you yesterday, I'm glad we made the move. I'm sure if we stayed where we were it would've been fine but I knew they were still in that area from some intel I got. I don't know how you fished that long with those waders, you dumped out at least a gallon or more of the Delaware.

Jay any lighter rod will work fine but the longer the better to get the distance on the cast. My sons friend used a spinning reel on his 5wt fly rod and had a blast. 6 - 8 lb test main line and 3-4ft floro leader 6-8lb. Each section fishes a little different so keep changing up the retrieve until you find what they like. Anywhere from Easton to Narrowsburg NY has fish.

Sounds good! Thanks! I'll post pics if we go

Nice ghost bear that's cool you got into them. I went and did well I hooked up first cast and it was non stop after that it was hookup after hook up. It was a great time. I think it is cool more people are taking advantage of these fish and getting new anglers involved young and older. And also cool everyone helps each other out on this site  I started in the early 80s shad fishing and never lost my urge to go since. And thank you to nomad for putting me on the fish in the first place it was his tip that had me go further south because up north when I went I only got two bucks down below I hammered them lol.

IMG_3221.JPG

Wasn't to bad with the waders, at least not till I went over the top of the one! Lol, gonna give it a shot tomorrow, I didn't get out today was hurting a little to much.

I may go Saturday. .. what kind of gear should I buy? Use trout pole or bass pole? (Ultralight or medium?)

Bait? Lures?

I've never gone for shad- gonna wing it if my buddy wants to go. (He's coming today-sunday to fish trout- I gotta talk him into leaving the baby fish and trying for something that will fight)

I need to prep you properly... too many things to list.. Start with chest waders... 7ft med-light rod... 6-8 lb braid, or 4-6-lb mono  (casts far, sinks better, but I prefer braid it doesn't stretch).   Darts - 1/32, to 1/8 ounce... Inline sinkers, 1/4 ounce is most common, but some 3/8 and 1/8 to round it out.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I need to prep you properly... too many things to list.. Start with chest waders... 7ft med-light rod... 6-8 lb braid, or 4-6-lb mono (casts far, sinks better, but I prefer braid it doesn't stretch). Darts - 1/32, to 1/8 ounce... Inline sinkers, 1/4 ounce is most common, but some 3/8 and 1/8 to round it out.

You lost me at chest waders..

I'll just bring the bow lol