IGNORED

Venison Backstrap w/ beer infused pan sauce

Hunter115522

Well this might have been the best thing I have ever cooked. Absolutely unbelievable. Simple to make...

Cook the backstop anyway you want (grill, broil, pan fry, etc..) I simply rubbed it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and seared it in an old cast iron skillet for about 2 min per side, than finished it under the broiler. I like my venison rare. To make the sauce, saute' an entire diced yellow onion in olive oil, I used the same skillet I seared the back strap in for more flavor. When onion starts getting clear (4-5 min) add about 1/2 cup beer. scrape the bottom of the pan to lose up any stuck onions (use a wooden spoon, not metal) Simmer on med/low till reduced by at least half, or a little more. Add about 1/2 cup beef broth. Again, simmer until reduced by at least half.. maybe 5 or so min. Add 1-2 table spoons of butter, and about 1/4 cup or less of half&half. Wisk it so it all mixes well. I added a little corn starch to thicken it, you may or may not need to. I added a pinch of salt, a good amount of pepper, and let it simmer for about 10 min. Drizzle that on top of the back strap, and enjoy. I did a little sauted asparagus and tomatoes with garlic on the side.

20170419_192326_1492645627159_zpsm0qjkav20170419_192413_1492645707498_zpsvuxijll

Beer is beer.  It doesn't really matter.   :lookaround:    :bolt:

:rofl:  :rofl:

Good, I'll have a 6-pack of Coors Light for you the next time I'm asked to bring beer.  That'll show you...

I used Yingling but any dark beer would be ok I'd assume.

Good to know, thanks!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.