IGNORED

Wader studs - screw ins.. Your opinions

Anyone try putting these in regular non-felt bottom waders for combatting slippery rocks?  Not as agile as I used to be.  Sliding all over the Delaware and Paulinskill in my neoprene lacrosse chest waders.  

http://www.basspro.com/Goat-Head-Sole-Spikes/product/2239717/

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331663128563Ha, ha, same thing is on my mind.  My son fell down with his rubber soles when we were shad fishing and cut is hand.  I just ordered these.  Got good reviews for waders.

250 pack?  I will split it with you, we won't use those in a lifetime

I shot a big 10pt once….

Have done that, they work and you can get them [ sheet metal screws ] at Lowes or Home Depot .

But no matter what type you use felt or felt with studs or korkers you still need to be careful and move slowly.

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

they make boots that are pre-threaded, and sell specialty screws, but these look like they should work on mine... Dare I put some in my quad tire for snow plowing?

Order is already placed...

thanks Mark

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

I have simms studs in the bottom of my boots, makes a world of difference. It is recommended you you aquaseal or gorilla glue when you put them in. Simms said aqua seal as a lubricant & works as glue. I used gorilla glue. I much prefer felt and studs, but for a short time, simms stopped selling felt. So i got rubber w stud boots.

Explore what I use on my waders for both Rocky stream fishing and For walking on Jetties along the beaches.

They are called ( Kokers ) and come in many sizes and styles,  they are removable put them on only when you need them.  My Sims have felt soles for a reason. amazon Cabellas bass pro all have them Amazon has best pricing 

Z0sI1_qcpIx_.JPG

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Explore what I use on my waders for both Rocky stream fishing and For walking on Jetties along the beaches.

They are called ( Kokers ) and come in many sizes and styles,  they are removable put them on only when you need them.  My Sims have felt soles for a reason. amazon Cabellas bass pro all have them Amazon has best pricing 

I am familiar with the Krokers. I also have a pair of hip wader with felt bottoms - great for the flatbrook and Paulinskill when it's normal level.  Delaware I have good chest waders, was just looking for a quick and cheap solution and I order the screws that Nomad did, but thanks for the recommendation bill, those are a great product for sure.

I shot a big 10pt once….

I am familiar with the Krokers. I also have a pair of hip wader with felt bottoms - great for the flatbrook and Paulinskill when it's normal level.  Delaware I have good chest waders, was just looking for a quick and cheap solution and I order the screws that Nomad did, but thanks for the recommendation bill, those are a great product for sure.

yeah, i didn't want to spend 50 on the korkers.

korkers make a boot that has wire straps that tighten and loosen with the twist of a knob and they have replaceable soles.they have screws flat bottom felt and regular rubber bottoms.they are the best you can buy believe me they're like running sneakers and so comfortable I highly recommend them.i don't play around with boulders jetties rocks whatever I've fallen many of times and got banged up pretty good to the point I've had the wind knocked out of me.them korkers are about 100 bucks for the canyon model....best 100 bucks youll spend

Jack we spoke about this on Monday I use the Chota Carbide tip screws for my boots. I have used the non carbide screws for many years but they wear out after a few trips and need to be replaced. Since switching to the carbide tips they last for years. I use these for Steelhead and Salmon fishing which is a must if you don't want to take a swim or worse. They may cost more but they last so long it makes up for the initial expense.

http://chotaoutdoorgear.com/shop/kits-accessories/long-rifle-carbide-cleat-kit/

korkers make a boot that has wire straps that tighten and loosen with the twist of a knob and they have replaceable soles.they have screws flat bottom felt and regular rubber bottoms.they are the best you can buy believe me they're like running sneakers and so comfortable I highly recommend them.i don't play around with boulders jetties rocks whatever I've fallen many of times and got banged up pretty good to the point I've had the wind knocked out of me.them korkers are about 100 bucks for the canyon model....best 100 bucks youll spend

As smoking gun said best $100 you will spend, What is protecting yourself worth from a serious fall that can cripple or at least just ruin your day with a Cold wet Dip. 

For the procrastinators and budget minded there are less expensive Kokers but you get what you pay for. Also, There other means to gain grip. from simple pullovers to strap-ons.

Many states banned felt soles. to put spikes in a felt sole boot is worthless and do not work well. 

I got a simple pair of boot grippers at Cosco $14, the ones shown go from $25 -$45 these are a better choice when you do not need studs. 

Amazon has dozens search boot Ice Gripers.

The middle photo is what I use but NOT for Jetty Fishing  Bill

s-l1600.jpg

stabilicers-lite_B.jpg

71i9dGIlcVL._SL1050_.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif