IGNORED

How To Clean A Trout ...

Ms Grit

I believe it is illegal

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wow, I never heard of that.  I often see trout gut piles left streamside...when I was younger and kept them (rarely do now), my dad and I always just cleaned them right there after we finished.   Scavengers would eat the gut piles and they'd often be gone by the next day.

PS, if you don't have nails like Robin...a spoon is a good substitute at home, or just use your knife and go back and forth instead of up and down :up:

Wow, I never heard of that.  I often see trout gut piles left streamside...when I was younger and kept them (rarely do now), my dad and I always just cleaned them right there after we finished.   Scavengers would eat the gut piles and they'd often be gone by the next day.

PS, if you don't have nails like Robin...a spoon is a good substitute at home, or just use your knife and go back and forth instead of up and down :up:

I am keeping the guts in a zip lock bag for bear bait . . .

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

There's a spot on the Musky where the eels will come out of the rocks in broad daylight and fight over trout guts. In Alaska they demand you put the guts back in the river after fileting salmon because the biodiversity depends on it.

without me, my rifle is nothing

There's a spot on the Musky where the eels will come out of the rocks in broad daylight and fight over trout guts. In Alaska they demand you put the guts back in the river after fileting salmon because the biodiversity depends on it.

In AK, one of the best halibut baits is fresh salmon guts :)