IGNORED

Andover junction brook

Looks like your not fishing ? Can't find either

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

Yea I found that too.. I'll take a ride down there tomorrow after work and see what I find

Β 

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Β 

Check the bridge right next to Safelite adjacent to 206 south. The stocking sign should name the stream, I think it is in fact Andover Junction. Tiny, narrow stream but well stocked. I hit that several years ago driving past it and did well.....Β 

I see them fish for carp there also

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

Jay, I believe it runs off of 206 behind Safelite Auto glass (just outside of Newton heading towards Simon&Peter)..

Β 

Not positive though.Β 

Β 

No, that is the headwaters of the Pequest.Β  AJB runs behind the Andover Exxon - then crosses 206 several hundred yards north of there. Basically justΒ a couple of bridges get stocked, there is also a nice hole that runs through a private residence right on 206 in Andover bureau. I caught a ton of trout out of that tiny brook as a kid...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Jay,

Β 

You should be able to access it behind the Andover Fire Station and that little tiny pizza place (if it's still there). I haven't been there in a long time, but there also used to be an A&P there and I think a post office. Turn East at the light where 517 meets 206 and the brook runs right under the road.

Β 

There's also another small brook that get's stocked just a little further down 206. (can't think of the name, but right near Wild West City)Β 

Β 

If you want to come down 206 a little further....I cleaned up at the Musky today...A dozen nubby fins in about 2 hours, kept 4 bleeders for the frying pan. Never been to this stretch before and some of it was damn tough to get around to fish, but I got really lucky and caught two beautiful wild browns too (released). If I can go back there tomorrow I'll pm you and you're welcome to join me.

β€œI have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Jay,

Β 

You should be able to access it behind the Andover Fire Station and that little tiny pizza place (if it's still there). I haven't been there in a long time, but there also used to be an A&P there and I think a post office. Turn East at the light where 517 meets 206 and the brook runs right under the road.

Β 

There's also another small brook that get's stocked just a little further down 206. (can't think of the name, but right near Wild West City)

Β 

If you want to come down 206 a little further....I cleaned up at the Musky today...A dozen nubby fins in about 2 hours, kept 4 bleeders for the frying pan. Never been to this stretch before and some of it was damn tough to get around to fish, but I got really lucky and caught two beautiful wild browns too (released). If I can go back there tomorrow I'll pm you and you're welcome to join me.

I think I'll go now to andover for an hour or so (maybe miss the after work crowd).

Thanks for the invite, but musky is a tad far for me today. I live close to Andover now, and I gotta work today, wouldn't make it in time. Friday evening I plan on fishing blairstown area.. paulinskill or pequest .. join me if you are free..

Β 

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

That brook sucks.

You guys can have it

Β 

So tiny you can't even cast across it..

You can see the fish, but they can see you. There's not enough current to move your bait past them, you're forced to cast right on top of them and they just swim away from it.

I'm no pro trout fisherman, but this kind of fishing is not fun. I prefer wide rivers with current and when you can't see the fish

Β 

20170418_110922.jpg20170418_110833.jpg

Β 

That brook sucks.

You guys can have it

Β 

So tiny you can't even cast across it..

You can see the fish, but they can see you. There's not enough current to move your bait past them, you're forced to cast right on top of them and they just swim away from it.

I'm no pro trout fisherman, but this kind of fishing is not fun. I prefer wide rivers with current and when you can't see the fish

Β 

attachicon.gif20170418_110922.jpgattachicon.gif20170418_110833.jpg

Β 

There are a few fun sections to fish, but most of it is like what you reported. After it crosses 206 South of the Exxon, it goes through a farm and combines with the headwaters of the Pequest, which is where it ends.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….