IGNORED

Tick Twister Tool

BHC

Bought a couple of them and have them attached to several of my packs as well as in a first aid kit .

Off topic somewhat , does anyone use Adams Spray for Tick Replellant on the Pooches ???

I havnt used the Adams spray but heard good things about it. I just started using this along with the topical treatment. So far so good...

I took your advice.

Just ordered the 3 pack.

Thanks HH.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I havnt used the Adams spray but heard good things about it. I just started using this along with the topical treatment. So far so good...

We just buy bottles of peppermint oil and rub the dogs down with it every couple of weeks. We put it in their dog shampoo too.  It seems to do the trick.  They say to put garlic in their food as well.   

Before the peppermint oil, we used to use frontline and whatever the other one was and it never did a damn thing. Both dogs still had ticks on them, fat and full of blood.     

I'm considering trying the bravecto pill for the dog I have now though.  For some reason, he is an absolute tick magnet.  My other dog almost never had a tick on him.  It was super rare. We'd maybe pull 2-3 off of him each year.  With this guy, we pull ticks off of him at least 2-3 times per week.  It's insane. 

• 1 month later...

attachicon.giftick.jpg

I've been using this for many years on my dogs, and have been happy with it. But, I'll try something new.

I had Lyme Disease about 16 years ago. Before it was was easily diagnosed. Never saw the tick, never saw a rash. Evil, little bastards.

I use the same tool.  I also get the 10% permethrin from tractor supply.  It's petroleum based, but that's what you want to treat your clothes.  The petroleum base bonds better to clothing, and won't wash out as fast as water base when laundered.  I use 1oz in a 28oz spray bottle, and it's been working good. I'll spray clothes heavily about once a month, and just give them a mist touch-up after a few washes.  Most of my clothes will get washed after every hunt.  I also do my lawn with it.  According to the label, it is safe unless your lawn runs off directly into a waterway, then water base should be used.  I spray early in the spring when it's too cold for bees, and before the clover blossom, or it will destroy bee colonies.  I'll mist my boots each time I get out of the truck for a hike.  It doesn't do any harm since it can't soak through the boots to my skin.

• 2 months later...

I  have one or used to have one similar to the one both Barrels posted minus the cup, they were free at either the Rockland or Edison show. Never squeeze, pinch or use heat.

Actually, it's not a cup. It's a little magnifying lens, so you can be sure that all the tick's mouth parts were removed from your skin.

Cheap, little thing .... but, it works pretty well.