IGNORED

Tick preventive

Tallman

K9 Advantix II which was recommended by my Vet.

Also, my dog a GSP is very dark with short hair and fast moving at all times which helps.

Ticks move to white as the underbellies of most animals are white and a slow moving dog in the dense brush gives them a chance to get on.

I tend to hunt in Colliers Mills and Greenwood where controlled burns help to keep ticks & chiggers down.

And, after being afield I put my dog on the tailgate and thoroughly check her out and give her a good brushing.

Over 2 years hunting with her and only 3 ticks.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Ive used k9 advantix and frontline in the past. But switched to biospot which is much cheaper and havent found anything since. With the first two i would find dead ticks that had bitten the dog. But it seams as though the biospot keeps them from even getting on the dog.

I used to use advantix, but my dog would itch for a week + after the application. 2x she laid down on my hardwood floors after a plying and the stuff dripped onto the floor and ate the finish right off it the floor! I decided that was not good for her skin. (Or my floors)

Now she gets the oral pil. Expensive, but whatever. .life is expensive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Having used first shield trio Im done with it(for more reasons than one) and its only been a few months. I know its a bad year for ticks but I just removed 3 from her this past week and they were still alive and feeding off of her. They weren't on her long, less than 24hrs more like less than 12hrs. They were picked up walking her around the apt. and adjacent lawns/wooded edge. She is showing no bad signs(she got the lymes vaccine also) and we are keeping a close eye on her. I went to one of the spots we train on Sunday and she had one on her. This time I had used the natural care spray and the tick was dead shortly after I found it. The spray has been working, the topical treatment not so much. I shouldn't have to use the spray on top of the topical treatment every day IMO. It was purchased as extra preventative, not THE preventative

I picked up the Seresto collar yesterday and have heard nothing but good things about it from local guys, many out west and multiple vets. We shall see...

• 2 months later...

Update to my post about the seresto collar and for those interested or still looking for a "better solution" compared to what you have been using. We have not found one tick on Remi since putting it on! Very happy with the results. Also, in doing some research and talking with others, it seems anyone who does find a tick on their dog, its already dead.