IGNORED

Shot the new Halon 32 yesterday....

JHbowhunter

Last summer I wanted a new bow. I like a bow with a 30" axel to axel. Now I've been shooting Mathews since 1996, but I was looking at a few other brands, ELITE, HOYT, & OBSESSION. Didn't like the feel of the Hoyt, and Elite was very nice but their shortest axel to axel seemed just a tad longer then I wanted. Obsession was great I drew one from a prior year model, but no dealer near me, but there was a dealer near where I work but he never had the model I wanted in stock. So off to my favorite bow shop, Targeteers. I was intending to purchase a Halon, I drew it and it was great, but then I drew both the Z2 & Z3......I liked the Z2 over the Z3. The Z2 has the Z7 magnum cam, with the Z7 riser. I was so damn surprised how smooth it was, and I couldn't see spending the extra funds on the Halon......The Z2 came home with me

I have it's nice but still not sold on pse

For what reason? What does the elite do that the evolve doesn't do? Don't get me wrong, that elite is a beauty and the energy 35 or impulse 34 are a definite #3 on my wanted list. But the evolve 35 and the xpedition denali are edging it out for me.

All I'm saying is that if someone is going to shoot any one of those bows, it's a disservice to not shoot all 3 bc they are all that nice and all perform that well.

End of the day, it's all about preference...as long as you shoot several bows and keep an open mind, you will be fine. I shot several Mathews & Pse. Hated them. Shot the hoyts and elites and loved them. The prime bows also shot nice. Even the bear bows shot nice. I have never shot a Mathews bow that I liked. I think Elite and Hoyt are much nicer bows. Anyway, some prefer Dodge, some Ford or Chevy....I say Toyota

End of the day, it's all about preference...as long as you shoot several bows and keep an open mind, you will be fine. I shot several Mathews & Pse. Hated them. Shot the hoyts and elites and loved them. The prime bows also shot nice. Even the bear bows shot nice. I have never shot a Mathews bow that I liked. I think Elite and Hoyt are much nicer bows. Anyway, some prefer Dodge, some Ford or Chevy....I say Toyota

Right on.  I love the way a PSE, Elite, Xpedition or Prime feel in my hand.  I'm so-so about the way Hoyt's feel. I hate the way Matthews bows feel and shoot.  

I say Nissan (or Toyota...)  lol

Your right it's all personal preference i Owned Mathews for a short time had Hoyt for along time then went to Elite... doesnt matter they all do what we need them to do

But will always drive a Ford Truck... Lol

Edited by P&Y BUCK

was just in simon peter again, they have a bunch of Elite's hanging there... Will give them a shot.  Nothing PSE on the wall, therefore it's gonna be Matthews or Elite, should I choose to retre the z7. They have Mission and Hoyt too - never cared for Hoyt's, only owned one way back in the day.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

was just in simon peter again, they have a bunch of Elite's hanging there... Will give them a shot.  Nothing PSE on the wall, therefore it's gonna be Matthews or Elite, should I choose to retre the z7. They have Mission and Hoyt too - never cared for Hoyt's, only owned one way back in the day.

Do they sell Primes?

Do they sell Primes?

nope... As long as I live where I live and hunt where I hunt, I am only buying from them, so I could do worse than choose a Matthews or Elite...   I will go when I have more time, with my release and arrows, and put a few hours in...Take notes, etc...

I shot a big 10pt once….

• 3 weeks later...

I expect a full report on your testing session

Shot an ELITE side by side against the HALON.   Tough call... Not sure yet.   Mechanically, the Matthews still seems more advanced.  Elite was a little more quiet I think, but I need to go back before I take the plunge. ( I didn't get the name of the model ELITE I shot - will take better notes next time)

I shot a big 10pt once….