• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Shot the new Halon 32 yesterday....

45 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   P&Y BUCK

P&Y BUCK

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 03:21 PM

Elite draw is awesome!!! You can almost relax your draw arm and it doesn't want to jump out of your fingers... and Elite puts out a bow that the weight of bow will keep it at full draw it's amazing no other bow can do that.. I believe it's the Elite answer

You can hold them at full draw for a long time

Edited by P&Y BUCK, 04/06/17 - 03:47 PM.

• Like x 1
  • List

#22 Male OFFLINE   P&Y BUCK

P&Y BUCK

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 03:44 PM

Here is the pic of Elite Answer at full draw held by its weight

Attached Images

• IMG_0354.JPG

#23 Male OFFLINE   BCsaw

BCsaw

2017 NJW&W Rimfire KING!

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 04:32 PM

Who deals them in Sussex County?

http://bowandreel.com/products.aspx

#24 Male OFFLINE   JHbowhunter

JHbowhunter

13 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 07:18 PM

Here is the pic of Elite Answer at full draw held by its weight

that's practically a locking bow! 

#25 Male OFFLINE   P&Y BUCK

P&Y BUCK

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 07:36 PM

But it's not locking up... that's the amazing let off they have... go to any archery shop and see for yourself then shoot it afterwards with no problems or locking device on it... the weight of the bow keeps it there no joke bro..
  • Like x 1
  • List

#26 Male OFFLINE   P&Y BUCK

P&Y BUCK

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 07:55 PM

Here's another picture

Attached Images

• IMG_0355.JPG

• Like x 1
  • List

#27 Male OFFLINE   not on the rug

not on the rug

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 07:56 PM

If you are shooting that elite, shoot the damn pse evolve. Spend 5 minutes on archerytalk and read all of the review and comparison threads of the evolve vs the halon, the defiant and the answer. That pse evolve is the real deal

Ok that's all. I won't chime in again

Edited by not on the rug, 04/06/17 - 07:59 PM.

• Funny x 1
  • Like x 1
  • List

"that helpful a**hole"

#28 Male OFFLINE   P&Y BUCK

P&Y BUCK

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 08:02 PM

If you are shooting that elite, shoot the damn pse evolve. Spend 5 minutes on archerytalk and read all of the review and comparison threads of the evolve vs the halon, the defiant and the answer. That pse evolve is the real deal
Ok that's all. I won't chime in again

I have it's nice but still not sold on pse

#29 Male OFFLINE   LPJR

LPJR

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 08:14 PM

Here's another picture

That is unreal......Now I want to shoot one, but I will be too tempted to pull the trigger. So, won't lol..

• Like x 1
  • List

#30 Male OFFLINE   P&Y BUCK

P&Y BUCK

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 08:28 PM

That is unreal......Now I want to shoot one, but I will be too tempted to pull the trigger. So, won't lol..

Do it LPJR you won't be disappointed
  • Winner x 1
  • List

#31 Male OFFLINE   BHC

BHC

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 08:31 PM

Last summer I wanted a new bow. I like a bow with a 30" axel to axel. Now I've been shooting Mathews since 1996, but I was looking at a few other brands, ELITE, HOYT, & OBSESSION. Didn't like the feel of the Hoyt, and Elite was very nice but their shortest axel to axel seemed just a tad longer then I wanted. Obsession was great I drew one from a prior year model, but no dealer near me, but there was a dealer near where I work but he never had the model I wanted in stock. So off to my favorite bow shop, Targeteers. I was intending to purchase a Halon, I drew it and it was great, but then I drew both the Z2 & Z3......I liked the Z2 over the Z3. The Z2 has the Z7 magnum cam, with the Z7 riser. I was so damn surprised how smooth it was, and I couldn't see spending the extra funds on the Halon......The Z2 came home with me

#32 Male OFFLINE   not on the rug

not on the rug

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 08:36 PM

I have it's nice but still not sold on pse

For what reason? What does the elite do that the evolve doesn't do? Don't get me wrong, that elite is a beauty and the energy 35 or impulse 34 are a definite #3 on my wanted list. But the evolve 35 and the xpedition denali are edging it out for me.

All I'm saying is that if someone is going to shoot any one of those bows, it's a disservice to not shoot all 3 bc they are all that nice and all perform that well.

"that helpful a**hole"

#33 Male OFFLINE   P&Y BUCK

P&Y BUCK

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04/06/17 - 08:47 PM

Pic posted above... the pse is nice I just prefer the Elite that's all I'm not knocking the pse at all
  • Like x 1
  • List

#34 Male OFFLINE   Bone collector 85

Bone collector 85

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04/07/17 - 09:31 AM

Sportsmans center is an elite dealer also pse i shot both and chose the pse vant wait to get a thunder chicken with it april 24th needs to hurry
  • Like x 1
  • List
Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!

#35 Male OFFLINE   nmc02

nmc02

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 04/07/17 - 10:01 AM

End of the day, it's all about preference...as long as you shoot several bows and keep an open mind, you will be fine. I shot several Mathews & Pse. Hated them. Shot the hoyts and elites and loved them. The prime bows also shot nice. Even the bear bows shot nice. I have never shot a Mathews bow that I liked. I think Elite and Hoyt are much nicer bows. Anyway, some prefer Dodge, some Ford or Chevy....I say Toyota
  • Agree x 1
  • List

#36 Male OFFLINE   not on the rug

not on the rug

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04/07/17 - 10:09 AM

End of the day, it's all about preference...as long as you shoot several bows and keep an open mind, you will be fine. I shot several Mathews & Pse. Hated them. Shot the hoyts and elites and loved them. The prime bows also shot nice. Even the bear bows shot nice. I have never shot a Mathews bow that I liked. I think Elite and Hoyt are much nicer bows. Anyway, some prefer Dodge, some Ford or Chevy....I say Toyota

Right on.  I love the way a PSE, Elite, Xpedition or Prime feel in my hand.  I'm so-so about the way Hoyt's feel. I hate the way Matthews bows feel and shoot.  

I say Nissan (or Toyota...)  lol

"that helpful a**hole"

#37 Male OFFLINE   P&Y BUCK

P&Y BUCK

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04/07/17 - 10:13 AM

Your right it's all personal preference i Owned Mathews for a short time had Hoyt for along time then went to Elite... doesnt matter they all do what we need them to do

But will always drive a Ford Truck... Lol

Edited by P&Y BUCK, 04/07/17 - 10:15 AM.

#38 Male OFFLINE   JHbowhunter

JHbowhunter

13 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 2,874 posts

Posted 04/07/17 - 12:22 PM

was just in simon peter again, they have a bunch of Elite's hanging there... Will give them a shot.  Nothing PSE on the wall, therefore it's gonna be Matthews or Elite, should I choose to retre the z7. They have Mission and Hoyt too - never cared for Hoyt's, only owned one way back in the day.

#39 Male OFFLINE   not on the rug

not on the rug

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04/07/17 - 12:26 PM

was just in simon peter again, they have a bunch of Elite's hanging there... Will give them a shot.  Nothing PSE on the wall, therefore it's gonna be Matthews or Elite, should I choose to retre the z7. They have Mission and Hoyt too - never cared for Hoyt's, only owned one way back in the day.

Do they sell Primes?

"that helpful a**hole"

#40 Male OFFLINE   JHbowhunter

JHbowhunter

13 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 2,874 posts

Posted 04/07/17 - 12:33 PM

Do they sell Primes?

nope... As long as I live where I live and hunt where I hunt, I am only buying from them, so I could do worse than choose a Matthews or Elite...   I will go when I have more time, with my release and arrows, and put a few hours in...Take notes, etc...

• Like x 1
  • List

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users