IGNORED

2017 Game Code proposal - make your voices heard

The "reduction" in antlerless bag limits is the least funny joke I have ever read. were these changes put out on April 1? What idiot in their right mind went to the game council with a straight face and said, here are my recommendations for antlerless harvest reduction. You now know what the njdfw thinks about the opinions of its major constituency. They think you're dumb as rocks.

All I know is that when I see Larry on Saturday I plan to tell him what a joke that is. But I'd also be willing to bet his reply will be "that's all the south Jersey gun clubs will support." Whether or not that is true is another story. They always have their scapegoat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm making a reduction myself. I'm reducing my license purchases down to a fishing license and trout stamp next year.

I'm not agreeing with the bag limits, but as a fiscally conservative libertarian  or maybe I'm a liberty republican, I can see having more laxed bag limits and seasons. Free will for the responsible! These decisions should be left to us not curtailed by the govt.

And no matter what the seasons or bag limits.....Ultimately it is up to us to pull the trigger or release the string. Simple answer is, stop doing that. Deer can rebound very fast assuming the habitat is there. 

Edited by Matty

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I hear of guys taking 25 deer a year then say they don't know what to do with the meat and end up donating it. Personally I'm not a fan of donating the meat under that pretense....just don't shoot them! I fill my freezer and never take more. They just won't tag them anyway if there is a limit so I guess it is only an attempt at a solution.

Just what I have seen with 60 years of Hunting Deer. Small game. Water Foul, to Varmit.  The Deer population in those early years were a lot lower than todays. by far.

Hunting pressures lower. Seasons were limited to 6 days. Gun was Single Buck,  Bow was Either Sex. The NJDFAG decided to do same deer conservation including deer Managment. The shooting of Does by Gun was introduced. From The Party Permit.than to a Gun Doe day by permit Lottery. Then to Hunters Choice one of either sex.

Note Farming practices were completely different than, Harvesting methods left behind a lot of waists. Crops were different. The deer herds in the farming districts were Healthier than the woodlands deer. As development exploded the deer adapted and as The deer bag limits grew and the seasons Grew. So did the deer herds.

Farmers complained about losing income because of crop damage, The insurance and public complained about Auto Deer damage. 

Now, who had the Biggest voice and lobbyist? 

Hunting is a tool for Deer management plane and simple, Harvesting is aimed at Hot Spots. Townships want the deer gone. Farmers want the deer gone. Insurance companies want the deer gone. The person who just hit a deer causing $1000s in damage to their expensive auto even possibly Death, want the deer gone. 

Now enter the Deer Hunter who has little to no support to go up against NJDFAG Deer management program that took years to accomplish.

One hunter says I see no deer anymore to I see a lot of deer and post Cam photos to prove it. Enter if it's brown it is down, To I only shoot Trophies.

Common sense says deer move be it Habitat or development if you want to add over hunting that is fair.

Many years ago I attended Meetings held by NJDFAG along with NJFSC some were heated but for the most part very absent of Day to Day Hunters. Some clubs attended mostly south jersey since the meetings were in Trenton and on a weekday during working hours.

Double ( NOTE ) The Public ( Hunters ) in attendance were not so interested in how many Deer they saw or why some areas had more than the other., The Main Topics were Opportunities, Seasons, Methods, not even Cost of Licences. Add the Billion Dollar Hunting Industry that parades new Better Improved methods to kill deer.

Gun was Buckshot only. The Bow was Bow. Now add how that expanded. Even black Powder Muzzleloading

The Hunting and Fishing Communities as Fragmented and very diverse to the point of no 2 opinions are the same they rather Agree to Disagree. 

So agree or disagree with me It's a Matter of history and facts very searchable,  

Does NJDFAG care about your questions I refer To the Garden state Outdoor Fiasco when I and others tried to get answers to simple questions were rebuffed as they felt annoyed by by it all?  

To say I will not buy a hunting license just a fishing one does very little. it only hurts you. say 500 hunters do just that they just add 25 cents to all the Permits and Licences.    So Good Luck enjoy what is left of hunting in New Jersey. It sure isn't what I remember and some years from now you will be saying the same. :bulb:

Fishing is another looser. look at what's missing that years ago were plentiful. :cupcoffee:   

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Take my beloved DMZ 5 for example. I can now "only" take 9 unlimited antlerless per season/permit...   Well lets see, that's 9 fall bow, 9 permit bow, 9 muzzy, 9 permit shotgun, and 9 winter bow....  I can see how this will make a huge difference from "unlimited".  

Basically I can no longer kill my usual 60 antlerless deer per season, and now I must restrict myself to 45!   I need 60 to feed my family 45 just isn't enough, this is an outrage!  I am now going to fill all 6 buck tags for once, to help make up for the shortage of meat.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Take my beloved DMZ 5 for example. I can now "only" take 9 unlimited antlerless per season/permit...   Well lets see, that's 9 fall bow, 9 permit bow, 9 muzzy, 9 permit shotgun, and 9 winter bow....  I can see how this will make a huge difference from "unlimited".  

Basically I can no longer kill my usual 60 antlerless deer per season, and now I must restrict myself to 45!   I need 60 to feed my family 45 just isn't enough, this is an outrage!  I am now going to fill all 6 buck tags for once, to help make up for the shortage of meat.

Well, if you stopped holding all of those Man Outings at your place, you wouldn't need 60 deer a year.  :)

the barnigate inlet ban is bs. its like 400 yds wide and in the winter there is very little boat traffic except for a couple hunters and the occasional commercial boat who always honk and cheer for you when they go past. as for it being dangerous to drift how could it be more dangerous then 50 boats drifting it during the summer for fluke. this is totally to appease the bird watchers. its bs, as if enough duck hunting area hasent been closed off to us. so now if you are forced to hunt the ocean all those cripples that make it over the submerged rocks you have to let them float, yea this makes a lot of sence

I'm not agreeing with the bag limits, but as a fiscally conservative libertarian  or maybe I'm a liberty republican, I can see having more laxed bag limits and seasons. Free will for the responsible! These decisions should be left to us not curtailed by the govt.

And no matter what the seasons or bag limits.....Ultimately it is up to us to pull the trigger or release the string. Simple answer is, stop doing that. Deer can rebound very fast assuming the habitat is there. 

Isn't that what they did up until the early 1900s? Expecting hunters to limit themselves results in things like this. There are too many people out there now that have no regard and will just kill anything and everything. It's naive to think without regulations in place and enforced that people won't think nothing of going back to the days of unlimited kills, punt guns, etc.

punt_gun_4.jpg

punt_gun.jpg

The term you are looking for is "libertarian".  Welcome to the club.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.