IGNORED

Picking up my baby today

not on the rug

1490442130890.jpeg

Here is the breakdown for my bow. It was a little tough to swallow but it beats paying 1100 for a new one. This is with the six new gold tip 400 and 4 inch helical vanes. That PSE is sweet. I wasn't a big fan in the past but this one is the real deal. I think it was about $1,100. I liked the 2017 Prime centergy the best of all of them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by Jerseybassnbow

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

If you're looking for arrows from Strictly Archery they're probably going to want you to bring your bow. All arrows shoot different on different setups

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

To each their own, I am not a PSE fan. Worst shooting bow out there. Prefer hoyt & elite

Lol...Spoken by someone who hasn't shot a PSE since the 80s...

Try shooting some of the PSE bows made in the last 5 years. They are quite possibly the best shooting bows on the market. Hoyt still make a nice bow and elite makes nice bows as well. I'd put Prime and Xpedition in there as well. But PSE is absolutely on top of the game right now. The new evolve cam is an absolute game changer. There is nothing else on the market that can do what the evolve 35 does and do it as smoothly. They've even taken a large share of the target and 3d market away from Hoyt.

Edited by not on the rug

Lol...Spoken by someone who hasn't shot a PSE since the 80s...

Try shooting some of the PSE bows made in the last 5 years. They are quite possibly the best shooting bows on the market. Hoyt still make a nice bow and elite makes nice bows as well. I'd put Prime and Xpedition in there as well. But PSE is absolutely on top of the game right now. The new evolve cam is an absolute game changer. There is nothing else on the market that can do what the evolve 35 does and do it as smoothly

I say top of the line bows are all good. What can they improve?  AT this point it's mostly gimmicks to generate sales. They are all smooth, quite, light and very accurate so what is there to improve?  

I say top of the line bows are all good. What can they improve?  AT this point it's mostly gimmicks to generate sales. They are all smooth, quite, light and very accurate so what is there to improve?  

If you like smooth and fast bows, shoot the evolve and look at the numbers it puts out and how smooth it is. If you like longer ata bows, shoot the evolve 35.

I agree that most bows are smooth, fast, etc...but the answer to your question is that they can continue to make bows smoother, faster, quieter, more accurate, etc. PSE has done that with the evolve cam. Bow technology is just the same as everything else, computers, phones, cars, etc. They always get better

If you like smooth and fast bows, shoot the evolve and look at the numbers it puts out and how smooth it is. If you like longer ata bows, shoot the evolve 35.

I agree that most bows are smooth, fast, etc...but the answer to your question is that they can continue to make bows smoother, faster, quieter, more accurate, etc. PSE has done that with the evolve cam. Bow technology is just the same as everything else, computers, phones, cars, etc. They always get better

So my bow, BTW its a Hoyt, is so smooth I don't think about or feel pooling it back or releasing it. How much smoother do I want it and what does it do for me? I am not disputing the fact your bow maybe smoother but this is like saying I can get to Florida in this new car in 16 hours instead of 16 hrs and 3 minutes in my old car. None of this translates anymore to better shooting unless you start comparing cheap bows to top of the line. The most important part of any good bow is consistency. If you don't get bad, hard to explain shots you are golden.  

So my bow, BTW its a Hoyt, is so smooth I don't think about or feel pooling it back or releasing it. How much smoother do I want it and what does it do for me? I am not disputing the fact your bow maybe smoother but this is like saying I can get to Florida in this new car in 16 hours instead of 16 hrs and 3 minutes in my old car. None of this translates anymore to better shooting unless you start comparing cheap bows to top of the line. The most important part of any good bow is consistency. If you don't get bad, hard to explain shots you are golden.

I agree with you, just saying that bow do improve every few years just like all other technology. The $1000+ mountain bike i bought when i was 17 has the equivalent technology of the $150 bike at walmart today. Large 140k luxury sedans like the bmw b7 alpina go 0-60 as fast as formula cars did 20 years ago. Things always improve

I agree. I shot my bow the evolve and a centergy and they were all very close in speed, weight, let off ECT. That's why I decided to just restring mine. I'm kissing arrows at 50 yards so what more could I want right now. I couldn't justify another $900. Even Tommy at Strictly Archery didn't disagree. What seems to need more improving than anything else is our shooting techniques.

Edited by Jerseybassnbow

MOLON LABE

I agree with you, just saying that bow do improve every few years just like all other technology. The $1000+ mountain bike i bought when i was 17 has the equivalent technology of the $150 bike at walmart today. Large 140k luxury sedans like the bmw b7 alpina go 0-60 as fast as formula cars did 20 years ago. Things always improve

I think we agree but the point I am trying to make is that we are talking about bows, very simple weapon, unlike the complexity of a car or a bike in your example. At some point, and I believe we are there for several years now, there isn't much you can improve anymore. In the last several years, most changes with the "new and improve features" are for the most part cosmetic sale tools.

Edited by Lunatic

I agree. I shot my bow the evolve and a centergy and they were all very close in speed, weight, let off ECT. That's why I decided to just restring mine. I'm kissing arrows at 50 yards so what more could I want right now. I couldn't justify another $900. Even Tommy at Strictly Archery didn't disagree. What seems to need more improving than anything else is our shooting techniques.

The best bow for you is the bow you have confidence in, not some bow on the shelve with some new gismo attached to it. Confidence in your ability, which largely comes form confidence in your equipment, kills more animal than any gismo on the market.