IGNORED

Need a lawyer!!

GhostBear

Anyone know a good lawyer?, I was just in a car accident where I was hit from behind, I'm good but my truck not so much, the friggin guy was driving with all his windows completely fogged up!!! To the point I couldn't even see the driver while standing at his damn door!!

So now I need a lawyer so that I can at least get my truck fixed!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Just coving my bases here, this is jersey after all, just want to be ready if this tool tries to wiggle out of this.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

did you take pictures of the guy's truck with the windows all fogged up?

a local fire fighter stopped, told him about the guys windows, he took pix, the cop saw the windows for himself.

So the money you get from insurance goes to your lawyer?? :) Don't get a lawyer.

As long as the police were there (and if you are hit and it isn't your fault, you should ALWAYS call the police - get that police report on file!) you will have a police report. The insurance company will take it from there and will work with his insurance to get your truck fixed.

Of course, if the guy who hit you doesn't have insurance, then its a problem.  :grrr:

It really makes no difference why the guy hit him. When you get hit from behind it is always the fault of the guy who hit you.

well...it actually does.  if you get hit from behind, it's the other guy's fault. sure.  but if there was some additional form of negligence, that makes it even worse

a local fire fighter stopped, told him about the guys windows, he took pix, the cop saw the windows for himself.

nice

The claim is filed, cop says a report will be available in 5 days, will hear from the adjuster later today, going to take my truck to the shop my insurence uses to get a quote on repairs and to confirm drivability, some damage visible in the bed over rear axle, I drive a long way to and from work, want to make sure there's no issues.

Not my fault, I was just moving with the traffic and slowing for traffic in front of me when I was hit out of nowhere, was able to prevent hitting the guy in front of me though. Lol guess that's a plus.

Not sure about that, dint see it, but the guy looked like he was carrying something that looked like a ticket, it'll all be in the report I'm sure, this is just another headache I really do not need!!!

well...it actually does.  if you get hit from behind, it's the other guy's fault. sure.  but if there was some additional form of negligence, that makes it even worse

nice

We cab agree to disagree but I disagree. There is always some kind of "other" negligence or there would be no accident, Hit from behind is the hitters fault and it makes no difference if his windows were fogged or if he fell a sleep. You are guilty

We cab agree to disagree but I disagree. There is always some kind of "other" negligence or there would be no accident, Hit from behind is the hitters fault and it makes no difference if his windows were fogged or if he fell a sleep. You are guilty

Disagree all you want, but it makes a difference if he wants to take legal action.  A simple "oops I was driving too close to you" is a lot different than a guy who had fogged up windows, or some other type of obstruction in his windshield.    

If you have decent insurance they will authorize a comparable car (truck) rental and ensure that THEY get reimbursed.  You should not be out of pocket for a rental.  Make sure they don't try to put you into a compact car.  MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM YOU USE YOUR TRUCK FOR WORK!