IGNORED

Got a new toy today!

mightyhunter

I have the same gun.  Buy about 1,000 rounds and stock up on extra magazines.  I hated the metal magazine that came with mine and never use it.  I got a bunch of these (8) instead and love them:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/765895/magpul-pmag-m3-magazine-ar-15-223-remington

You will blow through ammo like it's your job.  Really fun gun to shoot, and an easy gun to shoot.  It's my go-to varmint gun.

I have the stock trigger and don't mind it.  It does the job.  A lot of folks swap them out, but mine works fine for me, so I left the stock one in.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Went there with a buddy yesterday he wanted to pick one up.  They had no NJ compliant left.  They said they were expecting a shipment early to mid next week.  Better get over there and put some money down or you're gonna miss out.  Pretty nice little gun shop.  Very busy and seemed like some good ol' boys behind the counter.

As for changing out the trigger, it depends on what you plan on doing with the gun.  If you're intentions are going to the range and blowing off some rounds and/or home defense then I suggest leaving it where it is.  If you're gonna shoot woodchucks at 300 yards then you may want to research some triggers.   

I also suggest you plan on spending some more clams cause like Stevo said, "you're not going to recognize that gun in a month."   :laughing: 

Edited by B B

Went there with a buddy yesterday he wanted to pick one up.  They had no NJ compliant left.  They said they were expecting a shipment early to mid next week.  Better get over there and put some money down or you're gonna miss out.  Pretty nice little gun shop.  Very busy and seemed like some good ol' boys behind the counter.

As for changing out the trigger, it depends on what you plan on doing with the gun.  If you're intentions are going to the range and blowing off some rounds and/or home defense then I suggest leaving it where it is.  If you're gonna shoot woodchucks at 300 yards then you may want to research some triggers.   

I also suggest you plan on spending some more clams cause like Stevo said, "you're not going to recognize that gun in a month."   :laughing: 

What do you mean you not going to recognize the gun in a month?

Keep in mind the M&P Sport and Ruger AR-556 were not designed to be 300 yard varmint rifles.  They are best suited for home defense, close range have fun shooters.  If your looking for a 300 yard varmint/target rifle, there are much better choices out there.  Do you research and get what suits your needs best.

What do you mean you not going to recognize the gun in a month?

I'll bet he means it will be tinkered with; let the modifications begin...LOL

Not looking for a 300 yrd. rifle just don't care for a heavy trigger. Guess I should fire it before jumping to conclusions. LOL This will be used mostly for range and predator hunts. Not really big into the mods for AR's I like how it looks now. The only thing I want to add is a red dot scope.

Edited by mightyhunter

I got there about 15 minutes after they opened and there already were 10-15 people inside. They will put one aside for you over the phone but your best bet is to leave a deposit to make sure they hold it for you.

Not looking for a 300 yrd. rifle just don't care for a heavy trigger. Guess I should fire it before jumping to conclusions. LOL This will be used mostly for range and predator hunts. Not really big into the mods for AR's I like how it looks now. The only thing I want to add is a red dot scope.

That's exactly what I use my gun for.  I have it sighted in at 100 yards, and I put a 3x-9x scope on it.  The only additional mod I put on it was a Harris Bipod swivel on it so I could mount my bipod on the front:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/404111/harris-bipod-adapter-stud-swivel-5-ar-15-black

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Consider this.  They are nicely made and should fill your needs.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-1-6x-scope-patented-acss-308-reticle-advanced-combined-sighting-system-paps1-6x

Keep in mind the M&P Sport and Ruger AR-556 were not designed to be 300 yard varmint rifles.  They are best suited for home defense, close range have fun shooters.  If your looking for a 300 yard varmint/target rifle, there are much better choices out there.  Do you research and get what suits your needs best.

I'll bet he means it will be tinkered with; let the modifications begin...LOL

Correct and correct, but if he's anything like me he'll be shooting woodchucks with it just so he can say he did.   LOL

On a serious note and not to beat a dead horse, but for home defense you DO NOT want a lite trigger.  Yes, it can be a good home defense gun, but it's a different world when being used in that application compared to a handgun or shotgun.  Definitely educate yourself on it's abilities.   

Edited by B B

Correct and correct, but if he's anything like me he'll be shooting woodchucks with it just so he can say he did.   LOL

On a serious note and not to beat a dead horse, but for home defense you DO NOT want a light trigger.  Yes, it can be a good home defense gun, but it's a different world when being used in that application compared to a handgun or shotgun.  Definitely educate yourself on it's abilities.   

The Beretta 92fs with laser sight is the primary home defense gun. You may be right about the woodchucks though! :up:

I went to the range today and am very happy with the accuracy of this rifle at (25yrds.) with iron sights, Gun shot well but

did have 2 jams not too surprised will give the gun a couple of hundred rounds to break in. Turns out that the trigger is not

too bad and I may just stay with it. Put 80 rounds through it today

Edited by mightyhunter