IGNORED

Question For those who purchased land.

Livesintrees

As long as you not looking in the Midwest 50 grand cash brings a lot of buying power. Lots of these land owners either rent out the property or let it sit. Cause hunters are really the only market for chunks of land. I am sure with 50 grand cash you could buy a 100 acre tract that had half its acres considered swamp land. What you care you not building on it you hunting it. You could prob buy wet land much much much much cheaper. Considering a bank will not give you a loan on land that you can't build on !!!!!

You ain't getting 100 acres for anywhere near 50K almost anywhere in NJ or the Southern Tier of NY. There may be a very rare chance of getting something like that but it will never hit the market and certainly isn't the norm. A deal like that is like Grandma's teeth, few and far between. Even though recreational/hunting land usually isn't as pricey as a building lot for a home or cabin, you are looking at around 1000 per acre or maybe more. The price per acre goes down with larger lots. 50K is a nice chunk of change but it ain't buying you 100 acres for less than a 3-4 hour ride  

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

As long as you not looking in the Midwest 50 grand cash brings a lot of buying power. Lots of these land owners either rent out the property or let it sit. Cause hunters are really the only market for chunks of land. I am sure with 50 grand cash you could buy a 100 acre tract that had half its acres considered swamp land. What you care you not building on it you hunting it. You could prob buy wet land much much much much cheaper. Considering a bank will not give you a loan on land that you can't build on !!!!!

Not a chance. 100 acres in NJ is gonna running 400k plus. Depending on county some are over a million.

Best way is work a deal with the seller to hold the mortgage. 

If you have a good cash down payment, there are people out there that will work with you. 

I have purchased 2 farms this way

That is the last ditch effort. People think they have golden trees and unicorns on the property. Reality is it's a small market they are trying to appeal to.

I was never talking jersey property , I was talking Pa, north zone Nyc , West Virginia. . All I trying to say iis was i100 acres worth when 75 percent is not buildadble ?? Go out and make 50 offers on pieces of land the worst thing they can say is no to you .

The housing market is shit. The bare land market is ten times worse. Just make sure what ever land you buy was not logged. Cause those people just flipped the property' and took off all the market money in timber then try selling it to dummies.

I had a realtor who had a listing and he happened to own the property in chenago county nyc he wanted 1000 a acre it was small piece like 56 acres , after he told me he logged it 6 months ago I offered him 250 a acre. Their is a ass for every seat. I just not that ass ..

I was never talking jersey property , I was talking Pa, north zone Nyc , West Virginia. . All I trying to say iis was i100 acres worth when 75 percent is not buildadble ?? Go out and make 50 offers on pieces of land the worst thing they can say is no to you .

The housing market is shit. The bare land market is ten times worse. Just make sure what ever land you buy was not logged. Cause those people just flipped the property' and took off all the market money in timber then try selling it to dummies.

I had a realtor who had a listing and he happened to own the property in chenago county nyc he wanted 1000 a acre it was small piece like 56 acres , after he told me he logged it 6 months ago I offered him 250 a acre. Their is a ass for every seat. I just not that ass ..

As long as the selling price is reduced by the timber value that was removed, I view recently logged as a plus because it reduces the purchase price while improving the undergrowth to make better deer habitat. Edited by gregtpal