IGNORED

Trimble GPS Hunt

230jhp

I have been using this app for several years. I had many "tracks" to hunting spots stored. Recently I got a new phone. I transferred the tracks to the Trimble website. When I went to the Google play store the app was not available. I contacted Trimble. They replied with what they call a "sunset notice" on the app meaning it is discontinued. It is no longer available to install on a smart phone and it will stop working on phones where it is currently installed soon. They tried to sell me a very expensive GPS app that is not oriented toward hunting.

I looked for other apps. I found one that showed all the borders to NJ DMZ's, but it was also expensive and I already know the boundaries of the DMZ's I hunt. I don't think it had the tracking element the Trimble app had. 

I already have the NJDFGW  app, but the tracking doesn't work well and it doesn't have the feature to switch to a USGS topo map display like the Trimble did. I also have Antler Insanity, but it is mostly only good for checking wind direction at a stand before leaving home to hunt.

Any suggestions (please no crap from purists who think high tech devices should not be used to hunt)

Same thing happened to me when I got a new phone. So I feel your pain. Lol. I loved that app. Right now I have On X hunt maps, I like this app but have trouble with graphics loading in areas of bad cell reception. Also I have Hunt Stand. This app does a lot but imo is a little to busy for me and I also have US topo maps which is pretty good. I don't like any of them as muck as I liked Trimble GPS hunt.

Edited by bill43